Fórum

Eclipse set up

Lee Chamberlain, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Eclipse set up

Junior Member Postagens: 92 Data de Entrada: 05/05/16 Postagens Recentes
I'm setting up the Eclipse IDE for Liferay (first time I've had to do this in the years I've been a Liferay developer).

I'm trying to set the SDK up. The instructions say to go to (Window > Preferences > Liferay > Installed SDKs)

There is no "Installed SDKs" area there

Most documentation tells me to use the Helios version of Liferay, however I'm using Mars. I assumed this would be fine as Mars is a more recent version. Do I need to install Helios? (Seems a bit odd if I do).

Thanks
Lee

Also does anyone know of any resources to develop Liferay portlets (and deploy a local version of CE) with Intellij? I think I'm ultimately going to be asked to developer with that IDE.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Eclipse set up

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14914 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Hey, Lee, looks like you're in some older documentation for the 2.2 version of the IDE. Try to find some updated docs for version 3 where the SDK is not the focus.

I use Intellij exclusively, but then I ditched the SDK years ago. For 6.2 development, I would leverage the maven archetypes to create plugin projects. For 7 development, I've switched to gradle and the Liferay workspace. For each of these cases, I still fall back to command line for invoking the project creation tools such as maven or blade as I don't want the IDE to get in the way of the project creation.

Thanks

Due to corporate restrictions I'm not able to access the command line for Intellij - is it easy enough to do this? It's been a while since I last used Intellij and still relatively new with Maven too (never used Gradle at all).

L
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14914 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
I wasn't saying command line for intellij, command line of the operating system.

It was the command prompt of the operating system that I was referring to - a complete and utter pain....
thumbnail
Jack Bakker, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 978 Data de Entrada: 03/01/10 Postagens Recentes
Lee, I wish you the very best of luck in developing for Liferay without access to a command line.

I'm still having trouble getting maven to work with Eclipse IDE (3)

Can anyone point me to an example maven repository settings.xml file that could help?

I've got the local proxy settings in there already, but it's doing nothing for Eclipse.

This is the error message I'm getting.

org.eclipse.aether.transfer.ArtifactTransferException: Failure to transfer com.liferay.maven.archetypes:liferay-portlet-archetype:pom:6.2.5 from https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2 was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer artifact com.liferay.maven.archetypes:liferay-portlet-archetype:pom:6.2.5 from/to central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2): repo.maven.apache.org