Fórum

Display screen name instead of full name

Michelle Wang, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Display screen name instead of full name

New Member Postagens: 10 Data de Entrada: 03/08/12 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I would like to display screen name instead of full name on message board portlet on liferay 6.2. I have created a customized hook and changed start.jsp in user_display. I tried to use PortalUtil.GetUserName(message.GetUserId(), message.GetUserName(), USER_NAME_NICKNAME), but got exception of "USER_NAME_NICKNAME cannot be resolved to a variable". I just wonder how I can display screen name on liferay 6.2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Display screen name instead of full name

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1902 Data de Entrada: 10/03/08 Postagens Recentes
Just use the variable, 'userName'. It's already available in start.jsp (defined in init.jsp).

Thanks for the quick reply.
In portlet/message_boards/thread_columns.jspf,
<liferay-ui:search-container-column-text
href="<%= rowURL %>"
name="started-by"
value='<%= message.isAnonymous() ? LanguageUtil.get(pageContext, "anonymous") : HtmlUtil.escape(PortalUtil.getUserName(message.getUserId(), message.getUserName())) %>'
/>
value returns full name instead of screen name. I couldn't find a way to get screen name. 'userName' does not work.
thumbnail

Where do you want to make the change? Are you trying to make the change in in thread_columns.jspf or in liferay-ui:user-display? The piece of code you posted from thread_columns.jspf doesn't call the liferay-ui:user-display taglb.

I am working on customizing message board portlet. I would like to display screen name instead of full name everywhere on message board. The change on start.jsp made screen name shown on thread details. However, I couldn't find a way to show screen name for threads list under each category, for example, "Start By" and "Last Post By".
thumbnail

So your first and second message are two different questions, correct?

In thread_columns.jspf, you have access to the userId. You can use the userId along with UserLocalServiceUtil to grab the user and the user's screen name.

It works. Thank you very much!!!