Fórum

How to : JSF (Primefaces) Portlet with Liferay IDE in Liferay Portal 7.x?

thumbnail
Eric Chow, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

How to : JSF (Primefaces) Portlet with Liferay IDE in Liferay Portal 7.x?

Junior Member Postagens: 79 Data de Entrada: 25/02/05 Postagens Recentes
Hello,

How to use Liferay IDE 3.0.x + Liferay Portal 7.0.x to development osgi based JSF portlet (Primefaces) ?

Now, I can pack the portlet into WAR and copy it to the ../deploy folder. But it is not convenient. In the new Liferay portal, it is osgi based. Is there any example to create a JSF (Primefaces) portlet in osgi style?

Best regards,
Eric
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: How to : JSF (Primefaces) Portlet with Liferay IDE in Liferay Portal 7.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 3089 Data de Entrada: 28/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Eric Chow:
Hello,

How to use Liferay IDE 3.0.x + Liferay Portal 7.0.x to development osgi based JSF portlet (Primefaces) ?

Now, I can pack the portlet into WAR and copy it to the ../deploy folder. But it is not convenient. In the new Liferay portal, it is osgi based. Is there any example to create a JSF (Primefaces) portlet in osgi style?

Best regards,
Eric

Hi Eric, I have two questions for you:

* Why do you think that WAR aren't "convenient"?
* What do you mean by "osgi" style? What are the features you would like in your JSF portlet?

Thanks.
thumbnail
Eric Chow, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 79 Data de Entrada: 25/02/05 Postagens Recentes
Hi Juan,

In development stage, I have to copy the whole war into the deploy folder for deployment each time I modify the portlet.
In the old IDE, it can auto deployment in the eClipse IDE.

I am not concerning in the osgi style portlet, but as I see that almost all the plugins in Liferay portal 7.x are now in osgi mode. I wonder if my existed portlets need to change to osgi compliance.

Best regards,
Eric
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 3089 Data de Entrada: 28/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Eric Chow:
Hi Juan,

In development stage, I have to copy the whole war into the deploy folder for deployment each time I modify the portlet.
In the old IDE, it can auto deployment in the eClipse IDE.

You shouldn't have to copy the WAR into deploy folder. When creating/importing a Liferay portlet, you should have some options under project right click --> Liferay --> SDK.
How you created/imported your projects? Probably you should open a question in IDE category forum.

Eric Chow:

I am not concerning in the osgi style portlet, but as I see that almost all the plugins in Liferay portal 7.x are now in osgi mode. I wonder if my existed portlets need to change to osgi compliance.
Eric

No, it isn't mandatory to change all previous portlet to be OSGI based, they will still work as before. All portlets will be automatically transformed internally by Liferay, so no need to transform anything by your side.

Said this, you have a proof of concept JSF-OSGI interaction portlet here: https://github.com/liferay/liferay-faces-portal/tree/master/demo/jsf-ds-applicant-portlet and here: https://github.com/liferay/liferay-faces-portal/blob/master/demo/primefaces-users-portlet.

You have some additional information about JSF-OSGI packaging here: https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/7-0/packaging-a-jsf-application.

Hope it helps...