Fórum

Legacy portal properties when upgrading 6.0.5 to 6.0.6

thumbnail
Peter B West, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Legacy portal properties when upgrading 6.0.5 to 6.0.6

Junior Member Postagens: 56 Data de Entrada: 24/03/09 Postagens Recentes
I experienced some difficulties when upgrading from 5.2.3 to 6.0.5. See this forum posting.

As part of the solution, I specified some legacy properties in portal-ext.properties.

When can I drop these legacy properties? Is it OK to drop them in going from 6.0.5 to 6.0.6?

Thanks
thumbnail
Hitoshi Ozawa, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

RE: Legacy portal properties when upgrading 6.0.5 to 6.0.6

Liferay Legend Postagens: 7942 Data de Entrada: 24/03/10 Postagens Recentes
Well, if you have permissions.user.check.algorithm=5
the you have to upgrade the permission algorithm from Control Panel - Server
thumbnail
Minhchau Dang, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 598 Data de Entrada: 22/10/07 Postagens Recentes
Peter B West:
When can I drop these legacy properties?

You can drop them one at a time as you update your data to switch to the current Liferay default value. In some cases, you might not care about the current default, but things like permission algorithm will need to stick around until you really have converted your permissions to the latest algorithm in use by Liferay.
thumbnail
Robert Smith, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 63 Data de Entrada: 15/10/09 Postagens Recentes
I have a question about the portal-legacy-<version>.properties located in the ROOT.war/WEB-INF/classes. What exactly are they?
Are they properties that were used in a previous deployed version that are no longer set?
thumbnail
Alberto Chaparro, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 549 Data de Entrada: 25/04/11 Postagens Recentes
Hi Robert,

Legacy properties files contain the property values to keep the old behaviour regading a specific funcionality since it has changed in the current version in comparison with the version specified in the file name. So if you want to keep an specific old behaviour in your new version of Liferay you have to add tht property to your portal-ext.properties.

Regards.
thumbnail
Robert Smith, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 63 Data de Entrada: 15/10/09 Postagens Recentes
Thanks for your comment Alberto.

Are the properties that are in the legacy files properties that were found in the property-ext.properties file? Were they removed from portal-ext.properties at upgrade time?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14918 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
No, nothing was removed, it was just that the value changed between versions.

For example, in 6.0 the user's last name was a required field. This was changed in 6.1+ to be optional.

However, if you wanted to keep the same behaviour of requiring last name, the portal-legacy-6.0.properties file would do that for you since it has:

users.last.name.required=true

So nothing got moved, relocated or anything like that. The value changed between the versions but the legacy property file would allow you to retain the old behaviour. Some people like that, some people don't.

Often it came down to not being aware of what all changed from 6.0 to 6.1 for example so you'd get forum posts (and I imagine JIRA/LESA tickets) asking why last name was not a required input parameter anymore.