Fórum

Access to (visibility) of PublicProfile of User. Link to Profile in Search

Jack Thinkin, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Access to (visibility) of PublicProfile of User. Link to Profile in Search

Junior Member Postagens: 45 Data de Entrada: 09/05/16 Postagens Recentes
Is it possible to limit access to Public Profile /web/.. of User per default to log-in users only ?

If Search Results contain User than it is Link to this PublicProfile. Is it Possible to configure-change this link?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Access to (visibility) of PublicProfile of User. Link to Profile in Sea

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Users can have public and private pages (by default config).

Any public asset can appear in search results, private assets will not.

Do you just need to disable the user public pages?

Come meet me at the NAS!

thanks.
Link with PublicProfile-User PublicPage must be no available to guests

other question - Is it possible to avoid creating of own profile page and show only content user group?
thumbnail

So there's two properties:

• layout.user.private.layouts.enabled - enables private pages.
  • layout.user.public.layouts.enabled - enables public pages.

So if you disable the public pages, only private pages will be available and public are not visible to guests. User can still modify their private pages, adding pages, modifying them, etc. They're just not visible to anyone else and will not appear in searches.

The Liferay "profile page" has details about you, the user, where you can change personal profile details. You could block access to it, but you can't really avoid creating it.

Now perhaps you're asking about disabling even the private pages and only have "community" pages (basically sites), and yes you can do that, just set both the properties above to false to disable creating either type of pages.

Come meet me at the NAS!

thanks
i have found other old links with many these properties for portal-ext.properties.
i haven't meant to switch off public profile pages but have meant to limit access to them only to log-in users.
it seems it is no possible now.

switching off of profile - public pages doesn't work if userGroup has profile page that has to be shown in all profiles of users of this group.
there is seems conflict here

thanks for info

p.s. how it is possible to block access to guests? (or have You meant disabling-switching-off?) "The Liferay "profile page" has details about you, the user, where you can change personal profile details. You could block access to it, but you can't really avoid creating it."
thumbnail

UserGroup pages are not the same as user pages. The properties I listed only apply to users. UserGroups, etc. will still operate as expected.

Guests should not be able to see any profile pages, the profile page should be limited to the user only (and admins).

Come meet me at the NAS!

is it than bug that guest can call profile page and see it? it is seems problem with definitions: page for guests, page for users, own private page
thumbnail

Well, users are a valid search facet and, if enabled, you're granting everyone the ability to search for users and see the profile rendered as a search result.

Is this really just a question of how do you take the user facet out of your search results?

Come meet me at the NAS!

It is good to find user in search results for users and to have ability to watch the profile. but it is no good to show this profile to any guest.
If Profile is removed than Link of user in search results doesn't redirect anymore.
May be it is possible to configure permissions for dashboard or other page that can be shown to any user (but no to guests) as profile. it is no linked to user that is shown in search results.
is concept page -profile of user to users absent or what is its name?