Fórum

How to create a Ext plugin liferay-7.0.1 GA2

lokesh gorrela, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

How to create a Ext plugin liferay-7.0.1 GA2

Regular Member Postagens: 173 Data de Entrada: 09/03/16 Postagens Recentes
Hi guy's

I am working on migration from Liferay 6.2 GA2 to Liferay 7.0.0 GA1. In 6.2 i have created 2 ext-plugins, Present i try to migrate 2 ext-plugins into liferay 7.0.0 GA1. I don't know how to migrate ext's into 7. Any one knows about ext's in 7 please give replay.

Thanks
Regards
Lokesh
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: How to create a Ext plugin liferay-7.0.1 GA2

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14915 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
lokesh gorrela:
In 6.2 i have created 2 ext-plugins

Well that doesn't make any sense. Liferay had only ever supported a single EXT plugin, it never supported multiples.

Present i try to migrate 2 ext-plugins into liferay 7.0.0 GA1. I don't know how to migrate ext's into 7. Any one knows about ext's in 7 please give replay.

I don't believe EXT plugins are supported anymore.
Tobias Rothen, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 11 Data de Entrada: 02/06/15 Postagens Recentes
I am facing the same situation here (moving an existing Liferay 6.2 ext-plugin to Liferay 7).

I don't believe EXT plugins are supported anymore.

Do you know by any chance if there is an alternative for ext-plugins under Liferay 7?
Because we have to change some kernel classes in order to provide a fundamental functionality that we need.
I was not able to find anything on that topic in the Liferay 7 documentation so far.
thumbnail

OSGi should allow for many override situations, but of course each case is different.

If you could itemize the things you want to override, I might be able to point you in the proper direction.

Come meet me at the LSNA!

Thank you for the quick answer. Our goal is simple: to make Organizations searchable.
In Liferay 6 we were able to do that by implementing an OrganizationAssetRenderer + OrganizationAssetRendererFactory (implemented as a portlet) and by changing the updateEntry method in OrganizationLocalServiceImpl class (implemented as an ext plugin).

I am now trying to accomplish the change in OrganizationLocalServiceImpl using a Service Wrapper Module but it does not run (yet).
I am quite unexperienced with OSGi, read through the the instructions a few times and might just be approaching this the wrong way.
If you could point me into the right direction that would be great!
thumbnail

A service wrapper might not be the best way to handle the indexing; however, a model listener for Organization would allow you to enable indexing.

You can find details on Liferay OSGi programming over on dev.liferay.com and you can also find examples of how to build different modules in the blade samples.

Come meet me at the LSNA!

Okay thank you I will take a look at that.

I am not sure if we even have to enable indexing, because back in Liferay 6.2 simply setting the boolean value for visible to true instead of false already did the trick.

In case anyone is struggling with the same problem:

I used the Service Wrapper approach to apply the change we had in our ext-plugin. How to create a service wrapper is described here.

I also tried the Model Listener approach but in our case that was not really helpful because:
- We tried to update a property of the Asset Entry, so basically we updated the entry again after it was updated to overwrite one boolean value (visible)
- When updating the entry that way via Model Listeners OnAfterUpdate, it turned out that the Tags and Categories were not yet updated when the Model Listener method was executed, which consequently would have led to data loss since we also needed to provide Tags and Categories to the updateEntry method.

Our actual problem is not yet solved (with visible = true, Organizations are searchable by full text/ faceted search, but not displayed by Asset Publisher), but I guess I will create a separate topic for that.
upchar kurmi, modificado 5 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 14/03/18 Postagens Recentes

Hi, 

I have same requirement where i need to override some functionality. I need to display Product menu portlet (eg. My Workflow Tasks) into public pages. For that i have tried with OSGI(liferay dxp) solutions but no luck and i don't wanna  use Ext. Please help me if osgi provides any way to override these kind of things.