Fórum

My Workflow Tasks Table Customization

Rodricous Cannady, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

My Workflow Tasks Table Customization

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 14/07/15 Postagens Recentes
Hello,

So we want to setup the My Workflow Tasks portlet, under the my account, section to pull additional data in the tables that generate the pending/completed tasks. In addition to the data that's already pulled, is it possible to pull the related site information for each of those tasks as well? We want to add an extra column to the table (view screenshot) that pulls the site name where Asset Title is generated from. Is this something that can be done and if so can someone provide any pointers? Thanks for your help in advance!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: My Workflow Tasks Table Customization

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Whoa, there, friend. The first rule of using Liferay is never, ever modify their tables. As soon as you do, you lock yourself out of being able to apply future updates and upgrades.

That said, you're free to take advantage of "expandos", custom fields that can be added to any Service Builder entity. These won't block updates and upgrades, but they can start to impose performance problems over, say, 6 per entity type.

For more than 6, you're typically better off using a custom entity. Match the PK for the original entity as the PK for your custom entity for easy lookups and joins.

Most Liferay entities are already scopable to group (site) anyways, so this may be already in place, you may just need to expose it.

Thanks for the insight David! We do not want to actually modify the DB tables. We just want to have the table that displays in the "My Workflow Tasks" portlet to pull additional data inside the portlet.

So for example:
If one of the items under the Asset Title column originates from the US site, then we would like to display that on the table that's being generated on the My Workflows Tasks portlet. But still keep the DB tables exactly the same.

So with that being said, would you still recommend looking into the Service Builder option? I am sort of new to Liferay so please forgive the inexperience.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
So there's a lot of things that will be going on here, but basically you're looking at creating a JSP hook to override the page to include additional details.

The particular file you'll be going after is the /html/portlet/workflow_tasks/workflow_tasks.jspf file. This file has the code to display the search results columns. So you can add a column here to display whatever info you need to.

As far as the site, well the asset will actually have the group (site) connected to it so you should be able to backtrack and find the site name to include here.

Thank you very David! This has been very helpful