Fórum

Exporting Web content based on category

thumbnail
Dave Weitzel, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Exporting Web content based on category

Regular Member Postagens: 208 Data de Entrada: 18/11/09 Postagens Recentes
Using LIferay EE 6.2
I want to be able to select a subset of web content to be exported to a LAR file (so it can be reimported to anew site or server) .
Has anyone done this before or knows of a marketplace plugin that would allow it?

Preferable by selecting content based on category (like asset publisher selection) but could also be based on a specific folder.

All the other export functions (related content, version history etc) should be as the standard export currently has it - just the initial collection I need by category/folder . I may still need to use date to break it into manageable chunks

Any tips welcome as well.
thumbnail
Jorge Díaz, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Exporting Web content based on category

Liferay Master Postagens: 753 Data de Entrada: 09/01/14 Postagens Recentes
Liferay default functionality only allows filtering by page or by date range.

I don't know any marketplace application with that functionality.

Perhaps you can implement a portlet with webcontent selector and call to Lar export functionality, but export import code is a bit hard to understand.

There are two dirty workarounds that perhaps you can use with no modifications:
  • Update modification date of every object you want to export and filter in LAR export page with new date. Only updated objects will be exported
  • Create a hidden page and manually add Webcontent Display portlets with webcontents that you want to export and export only that page. All related webcontents will be exported
thumbnail
Dave Weitzel, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Exporting Web content based on category

Regular Member Postagens: 208 Data de Entrada: 18/11/09 Postagens Recentes
Thanks Jorge
I seein 7.0 there is a lar export object that may make this sort of thing easier in the future as I often wish I could just export a folder or category of items
I have written a script that will touch the required objects modified date and that should work (tested on small quantity only sos far) it will probably involve weekend work as there are thousands of items to export and many thousands of items and people updating them that we don't want!

Thanks again