Fórum

Liferay Plugin SDK 7.0 with Wildly on Mac OS X

Andrew Knight, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Plugin SDK 7.0 with Wildly on Mac OS X

New Member Postagens: 5 Data de Entrada: 26/06/16 Postagens Recentes
Hello All,

I am running Liferay 7.0 on a Mac and using IDE 3.0.1. During the final step of creating a Liferay Portlet, I am asked to provide the location of the Liferay SDK. For me the location is /Users/[username]/com.liferay.portal.plugins.sdk-7.0. In this directory I have modified the build.liferay.properties to reflect a wildly app server. I did not install Liferay manually. I downloaded the Wildly bundle from the developer site.

When I provide the above directory as the home for the SDK, I get the following error:

The app.server.type(wildfly) server is not supported by Liferay IDE.

Here are the lines I changed in build.liferay.properties:

Commented out tomcat
#app.server.type=tomcat
Uncommented wildly
app.server.type=wildfly

Changed the parent dir to point to the Liferay Portal bundle that includes Wildly
app.server.parent.dir=/Users/liferay/liferay-portal-7.0

Included appropriate paths for the following Wildly entries
app.server.wildfly.dir=/Users/liferay/liferay-portal-7.0/wildfly-10.0.0
app.server.wildfly.deploy.dir=/Users/liferay/liferay-portal-7.0/wildfly-10.0.0/standalone/deployments
app.server.wildfly.lib.global.dir=/Users/liferay/liferay-portal-7.0/wildfly-10.0.0/modules/com/liferay/portal/main
app.server.wildfly.portal.dir=/Users/liferay/liferay-portal-7.0/wildfly-10.0.0/standalone/deployments/ROOT.war

Other than removing a few comment lines, I have made no other alterations to this file; however, I did try a version of the file with all other app server entries like Tomcat, Web Logic, and Web Sphere, etc. removed from the file. I had the same results with the smaller file.

I searched for a while to sort this, but I have not found any similar questions that address this error. I have looked closely at the documentation, but I don't seem to be able to find the right combination. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Once I have this up and running I will provide a full final solution here for other Mac users.

Thanks,
Andrew
thumbnail
Andy Wu, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay Plugin SDK 7.0 with Wildly on Mac OS X

Regular Member Postagens: 195 Data de Entrada: 05/05/15 Postagens Recentes
Hi Andrew .
I am searching this issue but I would like to recommend you a module way to develop liferay 7 projects via "New Liferay Module Project" wizard.emoticon
Jeffrey Saler, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 21/06/16 Postagens Recentes
I get the same error message trying to create a portlet with the plugin SDK running on Windows.
Jeffrey Saler, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 4 Data de Entrada: 21/06/16 Postagens Recentes
I tried the Module Project wizard (choosing Ant) and got the same error message "The app.server.type(wildfly) is not supported by Liferay IDE. I am trying to create a simple portlet that will show up in the Applications list, so that I can drag and drop it into my site. So far I have created an "Independent Module" which appears to have no components or portlets associated with it. I think I am missing some .xml files. I was hoping to use the Liferay IDE wizard to create a portlet which would have all the necessary configuration files created for me.
thumbnail

hey Jeffrey , we remove the xml configuration file in liferay 7 module(osgi) project , and you can see the configuration is in the java file in component annotation.
thumbnail

hey Andrew , thanks for your report , we can say now it is a bug , and we are fixing it. So in our next release ide3.1 , it will be fine . emoticon
Andrew Knight, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 5 Data de Entrada: 26/06/16 Postagens Recentes
Hey Andy,

Thanks for chasing this down. I will keep working as you suggested until 3.1. I look forward to the update.