Fórum

Liferay IDE 3.0.1 on Mac OS X Plugin SDK and JSF Development Problem

Andrew Knight, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay IDE 3.0.1 on Mac OS X Plugin SDK and JSF Development Problem

New Member Postagens: 5 Data de Entrada: 26/06/16 Postagens Recentes
Hello all,

I have a development project slated for deployment on Liferay 7, and I have installed Liferay IDE 3.0.1 on my Mac running OS X 10.11.5. Here are my details

- As above OS X 10.11.5
- Liferay Portal liferay-ce-portal-7.0-ga2
- Liferay IDE 3.0.1
- JDK 1.8.0_25-b17
- Eclipse fully updated from Help -> Install updates
- Liferay badge appears in Help. Liferay IDE was installed from the bundle on the Liferay Developer site.

When I attempt to validate the SDK by going to Preferences → Liferay → Installed Plugin SDKs, the only options under Preferences -> Liferay are:

- Maven
- Plugin Validation
- XML Search

A search in Preferences for the word 'Installed' reveals two hives, one for Java and the other for Server. No 'Installed Plugin SDKs' entry is present at any hive level.

With all of this, I have been unable to start JSF development from the New -> Other -> Liferay Plugin Project template. The IDE cannot find the Plugins SDK.

I would greatly appreciate any help toward a resolution or work around. Right now, I'm completely stalled but still searching for a solution. As a final note before the last install, I deleted the .eclipse, .p2, and all temp files in $TMPDIR before a fresh installation.

Many thanks,
Andrew
thumbnail
Andy Wu, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay IDE 3.0.1 on Mac OS X Plugin SDK and JSF Development Problem

Regular Member Postagens: 195 Data de Entrada: 05/05/15 Postagens Recentes
hey , Andrew , you can just go ahead with the "New Liferay Plugin Project" wizard , and at the last page in the wizard , you can find the filed to let you select your sdk.
By the way , I am not sure if jsf portlet is still supported in liferay 7.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 3089 Data de Entrada: 28/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Andy Wu:
By the way , I am not sure if jsf portlet is still supported in liferay 7.

Yes, it is supported, but right now is in SNAPSHOT state (no release yet).
thumbnail
Andy Wu, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 195 Data de Entrada: 05/05/15 Postagens Recentes
o Thank you, good to know that.

Andy and Juan,

Thanks very much for the replies. I am just about to modify my build.[username].properties file. I suspect all the lights will go green at that point.

Just to round off this thread, should I move beyond JFS for now, and what is the current best recommendation from the community? I can use the Liferay MVC pattern if that is a better practice. By way of information, the project I am assigned to will include some light extension work to the forum component.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 3089 Data de Entrada: 28/10/08 Postagens Recentes
hi Andrew.

Andrew Knight:
Andy and Juan,

Thanks very much for the replies. I am just about to modify my build.[username].properties file. I suspect all the lights will go green at that point.

Just to round off this thread, should I move beyond JFS for now, and what is the current best recommendation from the community? I can use the Liferay MVC pattern if that is a better practice. By way of information, the project I am assigned to will include some light extension work to the forum component.

You can use JSF right now! Please take a look at the current JSF demos here: https://github.com/liferay/liferay-faces-bridge-impl/tree/4.x/demo/jsf-applicant-portlet so you can use them as archetypes.

Please write here if you find any problem.

Juan,

Thanks again and will do.