Fórum

Migrating From Liferay 6.2 CE GA2 to Liferay 6.2 CE GA6

Thirumal Reddy, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Migrating From Liferay 6.2 CE GA2 to Liferay 6.2 CE GA6

Regular Member Postagens: 216 Data de Entrada: 03/12/15 Postagens Recentes
Hi All,

I want migrate from 6.2 GA2 to 6.2 GA6 directly, is it possible(without migrating to GA3, GA4, and GA5 )?
if it is Yes, what are the steps i need to take care without loosing my previous data. and what patch files i need to run for database tables updation.

Please Help me. (I am new to Liferay)

Thanks,
with regards,
Thirumal Reddy.
thumbnail
Sergio Romero, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Migrating From Liferay 6.2 CE GA2 to Liferay 6.2 CE GA6

Regular Member Postagens: 151 Data de Entrada: 14/04/08 Postagens Recentes
Yes, Its possible.

You can migrate from 6.2 GA2 to 6.2GA6 directly.

Hello Sergio Romero,
Thanks for your replay,

I have done following steps,

Basic GA6 setup done it's working fine,

and i replaced database and data folder of GA6 with production database dump and data folder (6.2 GA2 ).

and i changed build number in release_ table. but while starting server i am getting following exception.

The database contains changes from a previous upgrade attempt that failed. Please restore the old database and file system and retry the upgrade. A patch may be required if the upgrade failed due to a bug or an unforeseen data permutation that resulted from a corrupt database.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The database contains changes from a previous upgrade attempt that failed. Please restore the old database and file system and retry the upgrade. A patch may be required if the upgrade failed due to a bug or an unforeseen data permutation that resulted from a corrupt

and i have observed that in 6.2 GA2 and 6.2 GA6 databse
27 tables columns got changed and in 6.2 GA6 extra 22 tables added.
for apply these changes in my db is there any patch file..?

Thanks,
Thirumal.
thumbnail
Sergio Romero, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 151 Data de Entrada: 14/04/08 Postagens Recentes
first apply security patches. Then launch the update. Follow the steps in the web.

patch URL
https://dev.liferay.com/web/community-security-team/process#patchinfo

Read this entry:
https://dev.liferay.com/discover/deployment/-/knowledge_base/6-2/upgrading-liferay

follow the steps.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 3089 Data de Entrada: 28/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Thirumal Reddy:

and i changed build number in release_ table. but while starting server i am getting following exception.

Hi Thiruma.

Why you did this? Upgrade process is automatic in this case, you don't have to change anything "by hand". Probably this made your upgrade fail.

Hi Sergio Romero and Juan Gonzalez,

I have done follwing steps, please verify it once is it correct or not,

1.I have changed data folder in bundles
2.I have created a new database and i have imported production db into it.
3.I have specified newly created db name in portal-ext.prop
4.after that i have started server, it took some time to start server but in console i am getting follwing exception

14:59:01,601 INFO [localhost-startStop-1][VerifyProcess:65] Verifying com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyJournal

14:59:53,100 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1][JDBCExceptionReporter:82] Duplicate entry '11815-12333-2.2--image_0-_en_US' for key 'IX_103D6207'
14:59:53,104 ERROR [localhost-startStop-1][VerifyJournal:379] Unable to update content for article 12334
com.liferay.portal.kernel.dao.orm.ORMException: org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: Could not execute JDBC batch update
at com.liferay.portal.dao.orm.hibernate.ExceptionTranslator.translate(ExceptionTranslator.java:30)
at com.liferay.portal.dao.orm.hibernate.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:147)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.dao.orm.ClassLoaderSession.flush(ClassLoaderSession.java:237)
at com.liferay.portal.dao.orm.hibernate.SessionFactoryImpl.closeSession(SessionFactoryImpl.java:52)
at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.impl.BasePersistenceImpl.closeSession(BasePersistenceImpl.java:83)
at com.liferay.portlet.journal.service.persistence.JournalArticleImagePersistenceImpl.updateImpl(JournalArticleImagePersistenceImpl.java:2459)
at com.liferay.portlet.journal.service.persistence.JournalArticleImagePersistenceImpl.updateImpl(JournalArticleImagePersistenceImpl.java:1)
at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.impl.BasePersistenceImpl.update(BasePersistenceImpl.java:333)
at com.liferay.portlet.journal.service.base.JournalArticleImageLocalServiceBaseImpl.updateJournalArticleImage(JournalArticleImageLocalServiceBaseImpl.java:290)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor650.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.proceed(ServiceBeanMethodInvocation.java:115)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ServiceBeanAopProxy.invoke(ServiceBeanAopProxy.java:175)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy223.updateJournalArticleImage(Unknown Source)
at com.liferay.portlet.journal.service.JournalArticleImageLocalServiceUtil.updateJournalArticleImage(JournalArticleImageLocalServiceUtil.java:253)
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyJournal.updateImageElement(VerifyJournal.java:225)
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyJournal.updateDynamicElements(VerifyJournal.java:107)
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyJournal.updateDynamicElements(VerifyJournal.java:96)
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyJournal.verifyDynamicElements(VerifyJournal.java:402)
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyJournal$1.performAction(VerifyJournal.java:376)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.dao.orm.BaseActionableDynamicQuery.performActionsInSingleInterval(BaseActionableDynamicQuery.java:324)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.dao.orm.BaseActionableDynamicQuery.performActions(BaseActionableDynamicQuery.java:46)
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyJournal.verifyDynamicElements(VerifyJournal.java:388)
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyJournal.doVerify(VerifyJournal.java:81)
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyProcess.verify(VerifyProcess.java:68)
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyProcess.verify(VerifyProcess.java:76)
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyProcessSuite.doVerify(VerifyProcessSuite.java:45)
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyProcess.verify(VerifyProcess.java:68)
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyProcessUtil._verifyProcess(VerifyProcessUtil.java:111)
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyProcessUtil._verifyProcess(VerifyProcessUtil.java:76)
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyProcessUtil.verifyProcess(VerifyProcessUtil.java:46)
at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupHelper.verifyProcess(StartupHelper.java:146)
at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupHelperUtil.verifyProcess(StartupHelperUtil.java:67)
at com.liferay.portal.tools.DBUpgrader.verify(DBUpgrader.java:240)
at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupAction.doRun(StartupAction.java:231)
at com.liferay.portal.events.StartupAction.run(StartupAction.java:74)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.processStartupEvents(MainServlet.java:1246)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.MainServlet.init(MainServlet.java:231)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:158)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.initServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1284)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1197)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:1087)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:5266)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5554)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:652)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDescriptor(HostConfig.java:677)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployDescriptor.run(HostConfig.java:1912)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: Could not execute JDBC batch update
at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:96)
at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:66)
at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.executeBatch(AbstractBatcher.java:275)
at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:268)
at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:185)
at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.performExecutions(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:321)
at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultFlushEventListener.onFlush(DefaultFlushEventListener.java:51)
at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:1216)
at com.liferay.portal.dao.orm.hibernate.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:144)
... 54 more

how to resolve this. please help me
to resolve that i have checked journalarticleimage table contains and i observed that all records are unique. even though server throwing exceptions like Duplicate entry '11815-12333-2.2--image_0-_en_US' for key
and one more thing in journal article tables around 2000 records are there but it is throwing only for 14 records.

5.in calendar and booking tables one extra column is added but that is not effected directly so i ran alter script for that.
6.i have verified release_ table buildnaumber is changed. and some extra tables also added like kaleo..

Is this correct or not and is this exception will effect any thing ?
please give me quick replay

Thanks ,
with regards,
Thirumal.

Hello.. Sergio Romero and Juan Gonzalez,

I am waiting for your replay

please give me replay.

regards,
Thirumal.
thumbnail
Christoph Rabel, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1554 Data de Entrada: 24/09/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi,
not sure what the problem is but
Index IX_103D6207 on JOURNALARTICLEIMAGE contains: GROUPID,ARTICLEID,VERSION,ELINSTANCEID,ELNAME,LANGUAGEID

So you have a problem with the JOURNALARTICLEIMAGE table:
11815-12333-2.2--image_0-_en_US
groupid: 11815
articleid: 12333
version: 2.2

So, I guess you should take a look at that article, maybe there is something wrong with it.
As a workaround: Maybe remove the problematic image and add it again after the upgrade?

Hi Christoph Rabel,
Ok,
is migrating process is correct..?
or do i need to run any patch files..?

Thanks,
Thirumal.
thumbnail
Christoph Rabel, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1554 Data de Entrada: 24/09/09 Postagens Recentes
Yes, for GA2 to GA6 it's fine.
You simply copy the datafolder and create a copy of the db and configure the copy in the new Liferay version. That should be it. And hopefully the verify/upgrade process runs through without any errors.

Ok emoticon
Thanks "Christoph Rabel"