Fórum

User Group members can't be assigned Community roles individually.

thumbnail
Matthew McArdell, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

User Group members can't be assigned Community roles individually.

New Member Postagens: 15 Data de Entrada: 01/05/08 Postagens Recentes
Checking if this is expected behaviour.
I have a number of users that are members of a group "BlahUsers". I assign this group to the community and the users in this User Group are implicitly community members.

I would like to assign one of these users the Community Administrator role, but any user that is part of the group that is assigned to the community isn't available for selection.

If I remove the user from the User Group and assign them individually to the community, then they are available for selection when assigning community roles.

Is this the expected procedure or a bug/oversight?

I'm using 5.01 RC.

Thanks,
Matt.
Raj Kaparthi, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

RE: User Group members can't be assigned Community roles individually.

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 28/06/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Mathew did you get the answer for this i need the same functionalitu to work if certain users are assigned to a group and group is assigned to the community all the users belongs to that userGroup should associate withat community right but its not i am using liferay 5.1.2. Please advise any way i can acheave it.

Raj
thumbnail
Matthew McArdell, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 15 Data de Entrada: 01/05/08 Postagens Recentes
hi.
I've had my head in portlet development more recently - haven't got back to portal setup.
I haven't checked with the latest versions of liferay to see if this is just how it is (I was prviously testing a release candidate).
Worst case there's a bunch more user administration to do.
Matt.
thumbnail
Craig Kaneko, modificado 15 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 57 Data de Entrada: 07/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

If you want to use user groups, I think you need to create a user group role, since those users are not "added" to the community individually and you won't be able to assign community roles to them.

What you could do if you absolutely need to user groups instead of just adding the users to the community is to create a "user group administrator role" that mimics the community admin role and assign that role to another user group, "user group admin" and then assign that new user group with the your newly assigned admin role to that community.

Craig
thumbnail
Manuel Achatz, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 45 Data de Entrada: 16/01/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

i've got a similar problem with my users.
Liferay is used for a internal communication platform in our company. All users got access to thair community by assigned LDAP groups. If a new user is added in the Active Directory, he gets automatically access to the communities he should. But if i want to grant extended rights i have to add these users manually to the community, only then i can grant them additional rights.
Assign them to other groups (like a admin group with extended rights) doesn't work because everytime a user logs in, he gets authenticated by LDAP and the group membership gets updated to the Active Directory configuration and internal user to group assignments are regardless...

Portlets like "Members Activities", "Members" and the member-count of "My Communties" doesn't work because members assigned by groups obviously don't count as community members...
Is it possible to make them "official" members of the communities?

Regards
Manuel
LR 5.2.3 @ TC 6 on Ubuntu 9
Baris Sener, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 278 Data de Entrada: 23/06/09 Postagens Recentes
I'm trying to find an answer to this too. I have 2 organizations, and these organizations are members of a community. But in the community's page, members portlet doesn't show organization's members as community's members. So there is no point in assigning the organization to a community. Organization members can see the private pages of the community, but they cannot see each other on the community's page.

Can someone from LR help us please? There are a lot of tickets and posts on this issue since this issue affects many portlets just as; members, members activities, announcements.

Baris
thumbnail
Amos Fong, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2047 Data de Entrada: 07/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi

Announcements has been fixed (http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-4199)

Members portlet may be a little harder because it has to query to other way and not find duplicates (find users from a group). If you have any ideas, that would be great.

Which file do I need to edit? The ticket says "GroupLocalServiceImpl.getUserGroups()" should be changed to user.getMyPlaces(), but there is no "GroupLocalServiceImpl.getUserGroups()" in any of the files under webapps/ROOT/html/portlet/announcements.

Also if I know that members in these organizations will be all unique and none of them will already be a member of the community, how can I display them as members?

This is really important for me. Thank you for your answer and giving the link for the ticket.

Baris
thumbnail

To find what changes were done on any ticket, click "All" or "Fisheye" near the bottom above the comments.

Also if I know that members in these organizations will be all unique and none of them will already be a member of the community, how can I display them as members?

I guess as a workaround then you could call these methods

OrganizationLocalServiceImpl.getGroupOrganizations(groupId)

and then add users from all the organizations using

UserLocalServiceImpl.getOrganizationUsers(organizationId)

and then do the same thing with usergroups.

BTW, this looks pretty inefficient to me =P

I see, thank you. But how do I edit the .class files? What software do I need to use to view them?

Baris
thumbnail

You can't edit them directly...

You'll probably want to use the ext environment. It takes a little learning to use though. http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Development+in+the+ext+environment

Basically you create a "fixed" version of the .class files and they will override the current ones.

Thanks I will set it up, but can you explain the use of Eclipse for me a little?

Is it up to me to install Eclipse or do I have to install it?

Baris
thumbnail

You don't have to use eclipse, it just makes development a little easier.

Here's to simplest way to do this without much setup (this is the way I do it):

1. Download the ext environment for your version of liferay.
2. Download the source code for your version of liferay
3. Find what file you need to modify, copy it to the corresponding place in ext preserving the folder structure.

For example, say you need to modify: portal-impl\src\com\liferay\portal\service\impl\GroupLocalServiceImpl.java
Copy the file to your ext environment to: ext-impl\src\com\liferay\portal\service\impl\GroupLocalServiceImpl.java

*Note you should delete the sample reports portlet in ext-impl and ext-service first

4. Make the changes to GroupLocalServiceImpl.java using any text editor

Repeat 3-4 for any other files

5. Run "ant jar" in ext-service (if changes were made in here) and then run "ant jar" in ext-impl.jar
6. ext-service.jar and ext-impl.jar will be created in their respective folders
7. Copy them to your appserver. (ext-impl.jar should go where portal-impl.jar is located and ext-service where portal-service.jar is located)
8. Restart appserver!

Your explanation was much more helpful than the wikis!!!!

Thanks a lot,
Baris
thumbnail
Stian Sigvartsen, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 103 Data de Entrada: 27/08/10 Postagens Recentes
Going back to the original permissing admin issue described by this thread, I have the same issue in Liferay v6.0.6.

I would like all members of an organisation to be community administrators of the default community. I've created the organisation and I am able to add it as a member of the default community. However, I cannot see any way of selecting the organisation rather than users individually when I click actions for the default community and select "Assign user roles". Is this meant to be possible?

I can in fact only select users. And like Matthew said back in 2008, the users that are members of the organisation (which in turn is a member of the community as explained above) are not selectable under the "available" tab.

It looks like only regular roles can be assigned to group types other than "user" - is there a reason for this?

The only solution I can see would be to create a regular role with all scopable permissions set to the community... but then only portal administrators can add/remove users and other groups from the role which isn't ideal because I would like to delegate this administration duty to community administrators. It also takes a very long to scope every permission to one specific community.

Any guidance that can be offered would be most appreciated.

-Stian