Fórum

Theme builder not updating CSS styles

Jurgen Wittkopp, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Theme builder not updating CSS styles

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 03/06/16 Postagens Recentes
Hi everybody, I am wondering whether anybody has experienced the same problem that I am facing.

In short, when building a new theme (inheriting the seed CSSs from "classic"), my updated CSS will not overwrite the defaults.
E.g. when I even only put a simple test / background colour change into my _custom.scss under the _diffs folder in Eclipse and run an ANT build, it appears that updates are not being made to the resulting .war file, though the Eclipse declares the build "successful" - see below.

====================================
Buildfile: /Applications/Liferay7/liferay-plugins-sdk-7-2.0/themes/MMT3-theme/build.xml deploy:
[copy] Copying 1225 files to /Applications/Liferay7/liferay-plugins-sdk-7-2.0/themes/MMT3-theme/docroot
[copy] Copying 6 files to /Applications/Liferay7/liferay-plugins-sdk-7-2.0/themes/MMT3-theme/docroot/templates
[echo] Using native Sass compiler
[delete] Deleting: /Applications/Liferay7/liferay-plugins-sdk-7-2.0/dist/MMT3-theme-7.0.0.1.war
[zip] Building zip: /Applications/Liferay7/liferay-plugins-sdk-7-2.0/dist/MMT3-theme-7.0.0.1.war
[copy] Copying 1 file to /Applications/Liferay7/liferay-portal-7.0-ce-ga1/deploy
BUILD SUCCESSFUL
====================================

I can see that the "classic" files are indeed copied over from the
liferay-plugins-sdk-7-2.0/tmp/com.liferay.frontend.theme.classic.web directory into my
liferay-plugins-sdk-7-2.0/themes/docroot folder, including the _custom.scss file, as are the templates.

What then seems to be happening is that Eclipse appears to populate several files deep inside the
liferay-portal-7.0-ce-ga1/tomcat-8.0.32/work/... directory that looks like a compressed CSS files such as
.../o/frontend-theme-classic-web/classic/main.cssbrowserId=other&themeId=classic...t=300_E_DATA,
though I cannot find anything in the directory structure that would resemble my theme e.g.
...o/frontend-theme-MyTheme-web/...

So I suppose, something must have gone wrong in the build process through Eclipse/Ant and the changes to the CSS have gone missing.

Does anybody have experienced the same issues?

Thx, Jurgen
thumbnail
Andy Wu, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Theme builder not updating CSS styles

Regular Member Postagens: 195 Data de Entrada: 05/05/15 Postagens Recentes
hey Jurgen , I think you can try to make the folder structure just like classic , so you can add a css folder under _diffs and then put the _custom.scss under css folder.
see https://dev.liferay.com/develop/tutorials/-/knowledge_base/6-2/setting-up-the-themes-directory-structure