Fórum

Custom Shopping Cart

Jay Sondhi, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Custom Shopping Cart

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 09/05/16 Postagens Recentes
Hi, I'm relativity new to Liferay. I need to create a custom shopping cart portlet. Where should I start? Are there any good tutorials that I could follow. I need some custom features like pay with cash on collection. I cannot use a third party portlet like KonaKart, I must create it from scratch,

Thanks
thumbnail
Pankaj Kathiriya, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Custom Shopping Cart

Liferay Master Postagens: 722 Data de Entrada: 05/08/10 Postagens Recentes
Have you gone through liferay's Shopping portlet?
If not then please refer this link. It will give your fair details on what you want to achieve.
Jay Sondhi, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 09/05/16 Postagens Recentes
Pankaj Kathiriya:
Have you gone through liferay's Shopping portlet?
If not then please refer this link. It will give your fair details on what you want to achieve.

Thanks for your response. Yes I have used the shopping portlet, but it does not offer the functionality which I need. This is why I must create a new custom portlet
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6396 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
Sounds like your problems will mostly be outside of Liferay - in the implementation of an e-commerce system, payment, stock, catalogue etc. It happens to run in Liferay, but the platform's forum is probably not the best to ask for experiences with those external components.

I'd definitely opt for a payment processor: You don't want to mess with credit cards etc. in a homegrown piece of software. You can still make payment optional (if you offer "pay on pick up"). The implementation of your shopping cart will intimately depend on the implementation of the goods that you sell and the catalogue and other environmental things.

In any case: "How do I implement an e-commerce-system?" is an extremely broad question - in case you get any answer, it will probably not be correct (for your situation). Unless it's "it depends" (TM).