Fórum

NullPointerException when deploying the portlet

Dhanush B, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

NullPointerException when deploying the portlet

Junior Member Postagens: 56 Data de Entrada: 26/08/14 Postagens Recentes
Hi all,

I am getting below error when i am deploying the portlet in tomcat server.

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [default] in context with path [/hams-eCalendar-portlet] threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.PortalClassLoaderFilter.doFilter(PortalClassLoaderFilter.java:78)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.processDoFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:204)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilterChain.doFilter(InvokerFilterChain.java:109)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.filters.invoker.InvokerFilter.doFilter(InvokerFilter.java:119)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:953)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1023)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:310)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Please can anyone help me for this issue..

Thanks
Dhanush
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: NullPointerException when deploying the portlet

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Can you post the plugin? There's really nothing here which even starts to point at an issue...
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2416 Data de Entrada: 22/12/10 Postagens Recentes
At the very least post the FULL stacktrace including the Caused By information.

Hi Andrew and David,

I have attached error full stacktrace. Please provide some suggestion.

Thansk & Regards
Dhanush B
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
The only thing this tells me is that spring is not able to autowire the liferayTransactionManager bean because it can't find the getTransactionManager() method in the class, then all of the NPEs.

I'm guessing the NPEs are actually symptoms of earlier exceptions and the portlet not really loading.

The spring wiring error is likely due to a jar conflict, like say you are trying to use spring 4 in liferay when it uses spring 3 or perhaps there's some other conflict.

Try posting the whole log file (so we can see any earlier exceptions) and your project so we can review the dependencies.

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I have attachecd my error log and pom.xml file also. Actually i am trying to convert sdk project to maven project.

Thanks
Dhanush