Fórum

Liferay 7 is not properly working with eclipse Mars 1

thumbnail
Anuvab Ghosh, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay 7 is not properly working with eclipse Mars 1

Regular Member Postagens: 130 Data de Entrada: 18/04/15 Postagens Recentes
Hi,
I am using Eclipse Mars.1+Liferay IDE 3.0 M2 for development purpose. I want to develop in Liferay 7 Beta8 (tomcat bundle and sdk). I have downloaded all the required zip files.

I have configured the liferay 7 tomcat bundle with Liferay 7.x (Ref.: Attachment 1). But we can select the required sdk during the project creation, I have also choose the proper sdk but I have faced one error related to tomcat 8 and could not proceed further (Ref.: Attachment 2). I could not find sdk setup with ide in this veriosn (Ref.: Attachment 3).

The app.server.deploy.dir(E:\Liferay7ce\Beta8\liferay-plugins-sdk-7.0/../bundles/tomcat-8.0.30/webapps) is not valid.

I want to configure the Liferay 7 with Liferay IDE (Mars or any version). Please give me some suggestion to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Anuvab
Tran Du, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay 7 is not properly working with eclipse Mars 1

New Member Postagens: 15 Data de Entrada: 05/08/15 Postagens Recentes
Anuvab Ghosh:

The app.server.deploy.dir(E:\Liferay7ce\Beta8\liferay-plugins-sdk-7.0/../bundles/tomcat-8.0.30/webapps) is not valid.

Hi Anuvab,
The solution is to create a build.your_username.properties file inside the sdk folder, the app.server.tomcat.dir is the directory of the tomcat in the bundle.

Regards,
Tran
thumbnail
Anuvab Ghosh, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 130 Data de Entrada: 18/04/15 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Tran Du:

The solution is to create a build.your_username.properties file inside the sdk folder, the app.server.tomcat.dir is the directory of the tomcat in the bundle.

But in the previous version (like 6.2) we do not need to create a separate build.<your_username>.properties file inside the sdk folder. It is always generate automatically.

Why we need to create and put this manually?

Please explain it.

Thanks and Regards,
Anuvab
thumbnail
Jennis Vaishnav, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 59 Data de Entrada: 01/02/17 Postagens Recentes
By default it takes build.properties, but needs "build.username.properties" what ever u say it'a mandatory thing which includes the location of tomcat bundle(the tomcat server),these lines aren't included in build.properties . So as a conclusion we need to replicate build.properties with build.username.properties with few more lines added to build.properties.

those lines maybe:
app.server.dir=C:\Users\Jennis\Documents\Downloads\com.liferay.portal.plugins.sdk-7.0/../bundles/tomcat-8.0.32

The location of sdk and tomcat bundle, which isn't present in build.properties

Thanks&regards
thumbnail
Andy Wu, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 195 Data de Entrada: 05/05/15 Postagens Recentes
thanks for your explain ,
the build.properties has all necessary , and has a default set of parameters for sdk :

app.server.type=tomcat
app.server.parent.dir=${sdk.dir}/../bundles
app.server.tomcat.dir=${app.server.parent.dir}/tomcat-8.0.32
app.server.tomcat.deploy.dir=${app.server.tomcat.dir}/webapps
app.server.tomcat.lib.global.dir=${app.server.tomcat.dir}/lib/ext
app.server.tomcat.manager.user=tomcat
app.server.tomcat.manager.password=tomcat
app.server.tomcat.portal.dir=${app.server.tomcat.dir}/webapps/ROOT

so , user should create their own build.{user.name}.properties file and just specify the app.server.parent.dir is ok , but if the default tomcat version in app.server.tomcat.dir is different from actual tomcat version , user should specify it also, e.g.:

app.server.parent.dir=xxxpath
app.server.tomcat.dir=${app.server.parent.dir}/tomcat-8.0.xx
thumbnail
Jennis Vaishnav, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 59 Data de Entrada: 01/02/17 Postagens Recentes
Anuvab Ghosh:
Hi,
I am using Eclipse Mars.1+Liferay IDE 3.0 M2 for development purpose. I want to develop in Liferay 7 Beta8 (tomcat bundle and sdk). I have downloaded all the required zip files.

I have configured the liferay 7 tomcat bundle with Liferay 7.x (Ref.: Attachment 1). But we can select the required sdk during the project creation, I have also choose the proper sdk but I have faced one error related to tomcat 8 and could not proceed further (Ref.: Attachment 2). I could not find sdk setup with ide in this veriosn (Ref.: Attachment 3).

I want to configure the Liferay 7 with Liferay IDE (Mars or any version). Please give me some suggestion to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Anuvab

Open the replicated build.users.properties and append the error line, that is
app.server.deploy.dir(E:\Liferay7ce\Beta8\liferay-plugins-sdk-7.0/../bundles/tomcat-8.0.30/webapps) is not valid.

Keep tomcat bundle folder in the same folder where the liferay-plugins-sdk-7.0 is created. So that the above url can work properly and find tomcat.

If you see it carefully after the sdk path there two dots specifying that tomcat should reside two directory backwards.
Let me know it it doesn't work.