Fórum

Pootle server is back!

thumbnail
Daniel Sanz, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Pootle server is back!

Regular Member Postagens: 143 Data de Entrada: 14/12/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi translators,

this is to inform you that Pootle server is back, with new project layout data.

There have been many changes in the way we organize and sync translations. I'm preparing a blog post explaining everything. For the moment, here are the most salient news:
  • There is just one single project. We now have a single translation project called liferay. This project contains ALL translation keys coming from a growing set of github repositories containing different resource bundles. You'll notice we've kept the "liferay sync" projects separated. This is because those project translations are not synchronized with any github repo.
  • Available keys have been updated. Now, pootle contains +9700 translation keys coming from the freshest master branch
  • Sync process has been greatly simplified. We plan to sync on a regular, automated basis in the near future.

In my last communication I said that we were going to have 1 project per github repo. After some internal analysis we came up to the conclusion that this decision would keep the main problem we wanted to avoid. Therefore, we opted for combining all translations in one single place.

I'll provide extensive details about the sync algorighm and other stuff (like some useful pootle tips) in a blog post.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks so much for your time and effort

Best regards!
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: Pootle server is back!

Expert Postagens: 375 Data de Entrada: 21/04/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi Daniel,

working on translation of new keys (by offline xlf file), I found some key that seems a merge of two. E.g.

rich-text-editor=Rich Text Editoradd-sample-booking=Add Sample Booking

or
x-site={0}'s Siteinclude-inherited-permissions-help=Set this to true to include a user's inherited roles as part of search permission filtering. A user's inherited roles include all users assigned to a user from their user group and organization memberships.

IMHO multiple projects was really helpful because it was a good help to get a "context" and have related keys translated homogeneously. I hope in a future to have the possibility to return to multiple projects to leveraging modularity of Liferay 7.

Regards,
Denis.
thumbnail
Daniel Sanz, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: Pootle server is back!

Regular Member Postagens: 143 Data de Entrada: 14/12/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Dennis,

thanks for pointing this out.

There are some keys that got transferred from sources and has a sort of error just in the English text. Fortunately, this does not affect sync.
I think is a bug in a pootle routine we invoke. I'm working on it from the sync-tool so that all the English text in keys are properly updated.

In case of doubt, the source code Language.properties file is the authoritative source. Please note that key is displayed in pootle while translating (see attached image)

Regarding to the multiple projects in pootle, I believe it's not possible to go back. Reasons are well explained in LPS-62122 (refer to scenarios 1 and 2)

Best!