Fórum

How many portlets are visible on page?

thumbnail
Aleš Pongračič, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

How many portlets are visible on page?

Junior Member Postagens: 62 Data de Entrada: 18/11/13 Postagens Recentes
Can I somewhere set how many portlets for example We Content Dispalys can we seen on one page?

Thank you.
thumbnail
Ravi Kumar Gupta, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: How many portlets are visible on page?

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1302 Data de Entrada: 24/06/09 Postagens Recentes
This is for an older version of liferay but should give you a good idea..

Get list of all the portlets on a page here..
https://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/345055
thumbnail
Aleš Pongračič, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 62 Data de Entrada: 18/11/13 Postagens Recentes
Oh, I am sorry we aren't understand each other. What I want to do is that for example 6 portlets are showed by default, but if I

want to see more Web Content Display, I could choose that. emoticon
thumbnail
Andrew Jardine, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2416 Data de Entrada: 22/12/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Ales,

I'm not sure I totally understand your question to be honest, but I'll have a crack at it. When you create a page in Liferay it adds an entry to the Layout table in the database. One of the columns in this table is the "typeSettings" column. In here you will file details for the layout in terms of how many columns there are and what portlets have been assigned (top to bottom stacking) in each column. Run this query against your database to see what I mean

SELECT plid, friendlyURL, typeSettings FROM Layout;

I think that will answer "how many portlets are on a page" for you -- but the second part of your question I am not clear on. Are you looking to provide a restriction of some kind? Perhaps you could outline the requirement or a use case to make it clearer for us.
thumbnail
Ravi Kumar Gupta, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1302 Data de Entrada: 24/06/09 Postagens Recentes
Just like Andrew, I am also not able to get your question properly..

Are you trying to see more web content displays on one page.. if yes, just add one more by clicking the add (+) button and choose from application. You need to be an admin or with correct permissions. But I hope you already know this. emoticon

If you want to know the count that how many portlets you can add on one page.. There is no restriction.. . You can add any number of portlets. If a portlet is instantiable then you can add the same portlet as many times you want.