Fórum

Deciding Proper Architecture

thumbnail
Hamidul Islam, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Deciding Proper Architecture

Regular Member Postagens: 111 Data de Entrada: 22/05/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi All,
My portal will have different types of users like Partner-A users, Partner-B users and so on. We need upload functionality of documents. That means the document should be scope based. The documents of Partner-A should not be accessible for Partner-B users. In future the partner will increase in numbers.

I want for all the users a common landing page which is a kind of dashboard from where they will be able navigate to a page to access documents. If the logged in user belongs to Partner-A then he should see only documents uploaded for Partner-A. But not uploaded for other partners.

What would be better approach to achieve this?

Regards
Hamidul Islam
thumbnail
Anil Sunkari, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: Deciding Proper Architecture

Expert Postagens: 427 Data de Entrada: 12/08/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi Hamidul,

My suggestion is to create specific UserGroup for each set of users. & map usergroup id with the documents. So, based on User--> user group id fetch the documents.

Hope it clears your requirement.

Regards,
Anil Sunkari
thumbnail
Hamidul Islam, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 111 Data de Entrada: 22/05/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Anil,
I am aware of Organization, User Group, Sites etc. But my basic requirement is to provide common dashoabrd for all the users. I can put documnets display portlet on the individual site. But how it can be navigated from the common Dashboard?

Regards
Hamidul Islam
thumbnail
Anil Sunkari, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 427 Data de Entrada: 12/08/09 Postagens Recentes
Hmm okay. Well you can generate custom portlet url and based on the parameters passed fetch the respected docs & display in maximized mode.

No need to create any page also.
thumbnail
shyam sunder sharma, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 8 Data de Entrada: 05/04/13 Postagens Recentes
Hi
Hamidul Islam:

I think it can be managed by assigning permission as per organization and users. For example "Partner-A users" and "Partner-B users" can be 'User group' or organization (up to your detailed requirements).
New user can be created under suitable user group/organization, and they will have permission already accordingly.

Both user group can have permission over specific document folder, they have permission to access.

You can provide access to navigation based on user group/organization and all as required. My suggestion is based over your brief requirement, can be different in case of detailed requirements.

Best of luck,
Shyam