Fórum

Pootle Sync halted

thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Pootle Sync halted

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6403 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi everybody,

during the last days, a lot of modules in Liferay's source code were moved around and renamed - this activity led to the pootle syncing process to halt. In the interest of not loosing any input from pootle, it might be good to pause its use, as there's a risk of loosing the data when it's finally merged back (there's a high potential of conflict).

Keeping the pootle website in sync with the git repo is quite some work (and I'm happy that I'm not involved with it), and it's not been getting easier with the increased number of modules in Liferay.

Thanks for your contributions, sorry for this notice so short before the release. I'm aware that this might condense the remaining translation work into even less days, but I'd prefer this over the loss of data or an overly complex migration process.

@Daniel, please let us know when pootle synchronization is done and it's safe to use it again.
thumbnail
Daniel Sanz, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: Pootle Sync halted

Regular Member Postagens: 143 Data de Entrada: 14/12/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Olaf,

pootle can still be used. The issue is that it might not accurately reflect the module structure.

When a module in source code changes its name, or the translations are merged from several modules into a new one, the pootle sync can't happen automatically. Nevertheless, sync-tool warns me about changes in projects so that I can apply corrective pre-sync measures.

That is why syncs delay a bit in time.

To sum up:
  • Community can use pootle to suggest/translate
  • When syncing to master, Pootle will reflect the source code structure so that all translations will become part of the product.

Thanks so much
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: Pootle Sync halted (no more)

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6403 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
Oh, ok - that sounds different than what I expected (and understood previously). Still: It's obviously hard and manual work. Thanks for putting in the effort, Daniel. And thanks for the clarification/correction.
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 375 Data de Entrada: 21/04/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi Daniel,

Liferay 7 Beta 8 (and later) is synced with Pootle ?

Thanks,
Denis.
thumbnail
Daniel Sanz, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 143 Data de Entrada: 14/12/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Denis,

last sync from pootle took place in mid january

Next one will take place soon, I'm preparing everything but translatable module layout complexity caused me to change some aspects of how translation projects are represented in pootle.

I'm sorry syncs can't take place as often as we'd like.

Best