Fórum

Modbile SDK and new Liferay 7 JAX-RS support

thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Modbile SDK and new Liferay 7 JAX-RS support

Expert Postagens: 375 Data de Entrada: 21/04/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I've seen that Liferay 7 will introduce a new way to define and develop services by JAX-RS.
I'd like to know if Mobile SDK will introduce support for services defined in this way in Liferay 7
and if with Liferay 7 JSONWS services can be developed as OSGI modules.

Thanks,
Denis.
thumbnail
Bruno Farache, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: Modbile SDK and new Liferay 7 JAX-RS support

Liferay Master Postagens: 603 Data de Entrada: 14/05/07 Postagens Recentes
Hi Dennis!

Since these new services are truly restful I don't think a Mobile SDK is needed for them. You could use something like Retrofit, for example.

Regarding the question about OSGi and JSONWS, I'm not sure, probably yes since Liferay remote services are OSGi services.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 3089 Data de Entrada: 28/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Dennis,

here you have the DevCon presentation made by Carlos Sierra (the main developer of this great JAX standarization as Liferay OSGI services):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6rrP6zbfLk
Here you can download the slides (choose October 8) and select Carlos Sierra's presentation:

https://www.liferay.com/web/events2015/devcon/recap#agendaWrapper

Hope it helps...If you need more info, I can search for it.
thumbnail
Jose M. Navarro, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 138 Data de Entrada: 24/01/14 Postagens Recentes
Hey Denis,

Let me give you more insight since I'm involved in this JAX-RS project (kudos to Carlos Sierra, he did the whole design and implementation).

The main idea is to be able to expose REST-like endpoints from the portal, in order to allow clients (mobile apps, JS clients, IoT devices) to easily consume the portal content.
But this isn't only a way to do "more fancy" HTTP calls: it's the first step for us to be able to add useful features for all HTTP endpoints (aka remote services): endpoint versioning, quotas management, different caching or security strategies, different serializers (did I say protobuf?), etc.

As a nice side effect, if the HTTP API is more polite, then the MobileSDK is not necessary anymore, as Bruno said.

Regards!
thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Expert Postagens: 375 Data de Entrada: 21/04/09 Postagens Recentes
Jose M. Navarro:
Hey Denis,
As a nice side effect, if the HTTP API is more polite, then the MobileSDK is not necessary anymore, as Bruno said.
Regards!

Hi Guys,

thank you all for the info and clarifications. I'll stay tuned on this thread to understand what is moving on Liferay 7 and related enhancements on Mobile front.
About Mobile SDK alternatives for full REST services, do you have something to suggest for iOS ?

Thanks!!!
Denis.
thumbnail

Denis Signoretto:

About Mobile SDK alternatives for full REST services, do you have something to suggest for iOS ?
Denis.

I don't know any direct translation for iOS.
Probably the closest thing is a mixture of Alamofire/AFNetworking together with Mantle.

Also have a look at Restless, but I didn't used before.

It's too bad we don't have Retrofit for iOS (:
thumbnail

I've just remembed Moya. It also follows similar ideas