Fórum

Upgrade Liferay installation to Webshpere 8.5, which JVM to choose ?

thumbnail
Denis Signoretto, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Upgrade Liferay installation to Webshpere 8.5, which JVM to choose ?

Expert Postagens: 375 Data de Entrada: 21/04/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

we are upgrading to Liferay 6.1 installed on Websphere WAS 7 to Liferay 6.2 to install on WAS 8.5.
WAS v8.5.0.0 comes with Java 6 as the default Java SDK and Java 7.0 can be installed as an optional feature.
Starting from WAS v8.5.5.2 (in a full installation) Java 7.1 can be installed as an optional feature.

Liferay 6.2 Compatibility Matrix reports IBM SDK 7. Is there a specific JVM version Liferay suggest (1.7.0, 1.7.1 or any of them) ?

Thanks,
Denis.
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: Upgrade Liferay installation to Webshpere 8.5, which JVM to choose ?

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6403 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
Denis Signoretto:
Liferay 6.2 Compatibility Matrix reports IBM SDK 7. Is there a specific JVM version Liferay suggest (1.7.0, 1.7.1 or any of them) ?

My experience with IBM support (granted, a few years old) is that they always want you on the latest patchlevel in order to listen to any problems that you might relay to them - even if that latest patchlevel was just released yesterday. Based on this, I'd recommend being on the latest available version from them, if you actually want their support. As of Liferay, I'm not aware of a specific version that we love (if the compatibility matrix doesn't show it).

If you're on EE, it might be worth opening a support ticket, asking the support team for their experience with different versions.