Fórum

Async JSR-286 Event Render (EventQueue is not defined)

Jason Schindler, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Async JSR-286 Event Render (EventQueue is not defined)

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 15/12/10 Postagens Recentes
I am using LifeRay 5.2.3

I am trying to get a portlet that is listening for an event to refresh its contents without requiring an entire page refresh. Here is what I have tried:

1 - Make an async javascript call back to the controller on the publishing portlet when I am ready to send the event. The listening portlet correctly receives the event and does the back end work that it needs to do, but never renders any changes... which makes sense since the call was async.

2 - I don't have control over the administration of the portal itself, so I am unable to change the container implementation to 'sun', but I noticed that issue LPS-186 had been resolved, so I decided to try and use the XMLPortletRequest javascript object as defined here. In my event-definitions, I set the value to com.sun.portlet.ClientEvent and redeployed, but the XMLPortletRequest object was still undefined. So I grabbed the XMLPortletRequest.js file and included it in the deployments of both portlets. When I sent to the post back to the controller of the publishing portlet, I get a javascript error that uglynamespace_EventQueue is not defined.

I'm certain that I'm doing this wrong, but I can't find any examples on how to perform this within the Liferay container. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!