Fórum

Menubar to be displayed in only 1 page.

thumbnail
Arunjyoti Banik, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Menubar to be displayed in only 1 page.

Junior Member Postagens: 74 Data de Entrada: 26/08/14 Postagens Recentes
Hi all,

Really stuck into a confusing situation. In my portal I have 10 pages. Requirement is menubar would be displayed in only 1 page (Let's say Home page) and the other pages will be displayed like tiles. And when clicked into a tile, the page navigation will happen but in that page the menubar wont be displayed. But instead there will be a 'Home' icon clicking on which user will land into the Home page.

I can't think of any ideas. Please help.

Arun
thumbnail
Hitesh Methani, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: Menubar to be displayed in only 1 page.

Regular Member Postagens: 171 Data de Entrada: 24/06/10 Postagens Recentes
Hello Arunjyoti,

You will have to create a separate navigation.vm(say navigation_tiles.vm) in your theme for displaying tiles and home page link.
And then you will have to conditionally load navigation.vm or navigation_tiles.vm according to current page from themeDisplay.

HTH.

Thanks,
Hitesh Methani.
thumbnail

Hi. Thanks for the idea. I was thinking that in the logic part I must have to give a condition based on themedisplay but I didnt get that part of conditionally loading the different vm files upon page view. Can you explain a bit simply.

Thanks
Arun
thumbnail
Hitesh Methani, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 171 Data de Entrada: 24/06/10 Postagens Recentes
You can check portal_normal.vm in your theme which includes navigation.vm, you can change that file conditionally.

Thanks,
Hitesh
thumbnail

Hi,

Sorry posting a little late. I did it a week before but didn't create another .vm file (navigation_tile.vm) as you were suggesting. It was all about the logic.

Thanks
Arun