Fórum

Wordpress import to liferay 6 fails

Petteri Torssonen, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Wordpress import to liferay 6 fails

New Member Postagens: 20 Data de Entrada: 21/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi Guys,

I have following these instructions http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/How+to+Import+Wordpress+Blogs+into+Liferay+Blogs and I got only error in UI, the console dosen't give any errors. Error message was that I have errors in my input etc.

Wordpress I used is 3.0.1 and Liferay is 6.0.5. Does somebody have any suggestions for resolving my issues?

Thanks for your help.

RE: Wordpress import to liferay 6 fails

So it looks like nobody haven't go these issues? I haven't found solution for this.
thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Have you looked in the Liferay log file (when using Liferay on Tomcat, this file is in the tomcat-<version>/logs/catalina.out file).

Can you show exactly what the error is you are seeing (in the UI)?

theres no errors on log file. I have to try to import those again to get error, but it is weird that theres no erros on log file.
thumbnail
Juan Fernández, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1261 Data de Entrada: 02/10/08 Postagens Recentes
For future reference, here's a link to the Wordpress Importer Portlet: http://www.liferay.com/es/downloads/liferay-portal/community-plugins/-/software_­catalog/products/8305444
thumbnail
Sarah Giles, modificado 12 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 61 Data de Entrada: 19/07/11 Postagens Recentes
I have had the same problem only i didn't even get an error message just no data was imported. After looking at the LAR files and the XML from WordPress I do not see how this could work in the first place. I have also tried using the WordPress importer portlet and have found it is lacking. The blog I have has many comments. In some cases the Comments are more valuable then the posts. Yet the portlet does not import comments.

I think one of the biggest problems is that the Liferay Blog system is a bit lacking. This is understandable. Liferay has developed into a jack of all trades and is relatively new. Wordpress is the leader of Blog CMS.
thumbnail

Hi Sarah:
I implemented the wordpress importer as a community contribution and that feature (blog comments import) hasn't been implemented yet (I'm looking forward to have a few spare hours to implement it)....anyway, if you want to participate and want to contribute it, feel free to contact me via forums.
Thanks a lot for your feedback, Sarah
thumbnail

I might be able to help you improve it. Let me find out a few things later this week and get back with you.
thumbnail

Hi Sarah:
any updates with the requirements? Post here and we'll figure out how to help you
thumbnail

Still trying to wade through it. We have a very active Wordpress blog with about 20 bloggers and maybe 100 people who comments. it's open to anyone on our LDAP system and we use the same auth for portal as we do wordpress. In liferay this blog needs to be open to anyone to view and comment but only this set of people(possibly a user group?) can blog on it. But this won't be the only blog on the portlet. All of the wordpress posts have tags and categories attached to them.

So from wordpress posts with authors need to transfer over, tags and categories need to transfer over, and comments with users associations need to transfer over.

It would be acceptable for comments to transfer over with user name attached but not linked to that user in liferay.

And this has to be finished by the end of the year.

Today I've been struggling just implementing a blank liferay blog--to get some structure set up.

Blogs in liferay just seem difficult. I've been playing around with communities and scoping and I just can't seem to get a blog functional.

Thoughts:
We need several different blogs.
I'm thinking the way blogs are scoped is not the best way but rather blogs should be their own entity. They should be able to have permissions defined as to what communities and use them but should be able to be shared across communities and organizations. so when you put a portlet on a page you can select which blog you are referring too. Blogs can have multiple bloggers assigned to them and viewers can be permissioned out too perhaps with options being guest or community/organization members of multiple groups.

One of our ideas is to be able to have a user choose blogs that they want to have "feed" onto their personal pages. so they could possibly add 3 "blog portlets" for 3 different blogs they want to keep and eye on. (believe it our not we actuality have users that use and participate in our blogs out blogs are more of a discussion dictation they are almost more like a forum but still have more of a blog quality about them)

Some of these blogs might be a little more restricted then others with very few people posting and a select few being able to view.

it would be best if a user could segment them out or bring them together. Also then remove a particular blog from their page if they are no longer interested in it.

perhaps a more custom blog portlet might be in order before trying to bring in the wordpress
Or I am just totally missing something in liferay.
thumbnail

Hi Sarah:

[...]We have a very active Wordpress blog with about 20 bloggers and maybe 100 people who comments. it&#039;s open to anyone on our LDAP system and we use the same auth for portal as we do wordpress. [...]

This means that all users in Wordpress exist in Liferay, so all comments (which stores the user email address) can be linked to each user's Liferay account. This is good, as it'll make things easier.

[...]In liferay this blog needs to be open to anyone to view and comment but only this set of people(possibly a user group?) can blog on it.[...]

No problem: this permissions can be configured using a role (just creating a "blog editor" role) and assigning those users that role.

[...] But this won&#039;t be the only blog on the portlet. [...]

I guess you mean "portal". No problem: you can have as many blogs as you need. You can scope them to site or to page.

[...]All of the wordpress posts have tags and categories attached to them. So from wordpress posts with authors need to transfer over, tags and categories need to transfer over,[...]

This has been already implemented in Wordpress Importer (for Liferay version 6.0.6). Which version are you using? Tags, categories, pages and entries are correctly imported.

[...]and comments with users associations need to transfer over. It would be acceptable for comments to transfer over with user name attached but not linked to that user in liferay. [...]

This needs to be implemented. The comments' info (user email and comment content) is in the wordpress-generated xml file, so the method that parses that file inside the wordpress importer has to be extended to read the appropriate content and to call Liferay comments services to insert the comments in Liferay's blog entries using the given user's account.

[...]And this has to be finished by the end of the year.[...]

Totally doable. This may take about two days (counting on tests and support for bug fixing) of a java developer who knows Liferay and Wordpress sintaxes.

Ping me if you need more info or some help implementing this.

Regarding your needs about blog entries feeds you may want to use the asset publisher to filter the content that you need (depending on your liferay version you may be able to do more things regarding this), but be open to extend Liferay's blog portlet. You have the tools to extend it's behaviour (hooks, ext plugins) so that they fit your needs. The main thing there before throwing the liferay blogs portlet to the bin is to correctly define your requirements, and after that, look for the best and easiest way to implement it: the community members can help you with that.

I hope I helped you
Regards,
Juan Fernández
thumbnail

i'm just so not getting it. I have community A with 2 pages. I put a blog portlet on each page and scope to layout page. but if i put a blog aggregater on the page or recent bloggers it shows all blogs. if i got to my public page and put an aggregator I can not scope it to a blog. is this they way it is suppose to work?
thumbnail

Hi Sarah (and others):
I have published a new version of the Worpdress Importer for Liferay 6.1 (with comments import)
More info here: http://www.liferay.com/community/forums/-/message_boards/message/12363218
Feedback, feedback! Enjoy!
Juan Fernández