Fórum

Community Translations for Liferay 7

thumbnail
James Falkner, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Community Translations for Liferay 7

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1399 Data de Entrada: 17/09/10 Postagens Recentes
Greetings friends in the translation community! I'm happy to report that the conversion of the community translation infrastructure has been completed for Liferay 7. To those that have contributed thus far: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all your hard work, it is really great to see so many (44) languages available for Liferay and it makes Liferay that much more globally accessible because of it. For those thinking about translations, be sure to join the Translation Team (post in this thread) and check out the Translation guide.

For Liferay 7, we are once again in need of your help: there are new strings and phrases that need attention! Could you take some time to look over any languages you know, and contribute translations?

Details on Liferay 7 Changes

Daniel Sanz has developed and set up an automatic sync process between translate.liferay.com (Pootle) and Liferay's source on GitHub:

- Each module in Liferay is represented as a separate "Project" in Pootle. During the modularization/refactoring for Liferay 7 in the last 18 months, each functional module extracted from core also got its language files and keys (Language*.properties) similarly separated into a separate project in Pootle. For example, you now see a "Users Admin/Users Admin Web" Pootle project - this contains the strings and phrases that one sees when doing user administration in Liferay 7. Previously all of these strings were buried in a rather large properties file representing the monolithic Liferay 6.x.

- There are some common strings and phrases that mean the same thing and are shared between multiple modules (e.g. "yes=Oui" or "left=vänster"). For those cross-project shared strings, they remain in a "core" project called "Portal/Portal Impl" to avoid duplication. As refactoring may continue in future releases, this file will shrink or grow depending on the nature of changes (but it will most likely shrink over time).

How to contribute?

The easiest and preferred way is to log into translate.liferay.com, choose a language on the left, then choose a project that needs attention, and start translating (see the translation guide). You can also (thanks to this effort) concentrate on a single project in a functional area you are familiar/comfortable with. Translations made here will periodically and automatically be sync'd to the actual portal source so your hard work will show up in the distros of Liferay.

Due to the sync process, it is now also possible to translate using git pull requests - simply issue a pull request to the respective module owner (I know it's hard to figure out who this is - currently the best way is to look at the git history of the file(s) in the module - we're working on this separately as discussed @ DevCon). When you go the git route, the strings will automatically be sync'd to pootle.

What's the deadline?

The release date for Liferay 7 has not yet been fixed, but it is expected in Q1 2016. So if you are able and willing to contribute, the sooner you get them in the better. Ideally before December 31 2015! I and I hope the rest of the community thank you for even considering helping out, and even more if you do. It means a great deal to our global community, especially those that only know their native language (like me).

This thread can be used for any questions you may have.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: Community Translations for Liferay 7

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Can I sign up for Klingon?
thumbnail
Jonathon Omahen, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 31 Data de Entrada: 28/09/09 Postagens Recentes
I think you'll need to first provide proof of passing the KLCP proctored by the KLI at your most recent qe'p'a, and probably submit a patch for including the thlingon Hol (tlh) locale in the portal. ;)

Maybe I'll sign up for Quenya, too.
thumbnail

David H Nebinger:
Can I sign up for Klingon?

It would be awesome to have a klingon or one of the Elvish languages. Also wingdings.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14916 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
I'm quite rusty, don't remember much.

But what a cool april 1st addition, klingon support in Liferay 7 emoticon
thumbnail

David H Nebinger:
I'm quite rusty, don't remember much.

But what a cool april 1st addition, klingon support in Liferay 7 emoticon

Enjoy!
thumbnail
Jonathon Omahen, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 31 Data de Entrada: 28/09/09 Postagens Recentes
You can put plqaD on the page, James, but it's still English until you translate it. emoticon