Fórum

isn't it necessary that Liferay import users from LDAP?

thumbnail
yusuf ekrem eren, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

isn't it necessary that Liferay import users from LDAP?

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 13/10/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

While I was reading "liferay-administrator-guide-6.0" , I came across this sentence "If you want Liferay to only synchronize users when they log in, leave this box('Import Enabled' checkbox) unchecked." at page:100 under 3.Configuration/Global Server Settings/Settings/Authentication: LDAP/Import/Export

My question is : Doesn't Liferay need to import all users from LDAP server ? Can I login to Liferay with LDAP (using Active Directory) without any import ?

Thanks to all.

Yusuf Ekrem EREN
thumbnail
Ed Holderman, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

RE: isn't it necessary that Liferay import users from LDAP?

Junior Member Postagens: 25 Data de Entrada: 15/07/10 Postagens Recentes
It's confusing because there are so many scenarios that can happen. If you have ldap.auth.enabled=true and ldap.auth.required=true and your user does not exist in the LDAP, I think you will not be able to get logged in. If the user exists in both LDAP and Liferay, they will be able to log in regardless of ldap.import.enabled because it has enough information from each system to do authentication and authorization. The settings you choose depend on where your business will initially create the users accounts (LDAP, Liferay, both). At least that is my experience. - Ed
thumbnail
mohammed azam, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

RE: isn't it necessary that Liferay import users from LDAP?

Regular Member Postagens: 159 Data de Entrada: 06/11/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi

Check this out for more reference
http://www.mpowerglobal.com/web/mpower/blog?p_p_id=115&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&_115_redirect=http://www.mpowerglobal.com/web/mpower/blog%3Fp_p_id%3D115%26p_p_lifecycle%3D0%26p_p_state%3Dnormal%26p_p_mode%3Dview%26p_p_col_id%3Dcolumn-2%26p_p_col_count%3D1%26_115_struts_action%3D%252Fblogs_aggregator%252Fview&_115_struts_action=/blogs_aggregator/view_entry&_115_urlTitle=ldap-ad-integration-with-liferay-6-0-5