Fórum

How to setup liferay clustering using liferay 5.1.2 and tomcat 6.0

Christopher Hayes, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

How to setup liferay clustering using liferay 5.1.2 and tomcat 6.0

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 20/10/10 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

I'm trying to figure out what all has to be done to a liferay 5.1.2 server w/tomcat 6.0 in order to have multiple (2 at the moment) Liferay Web-Servers use the same MS SQL Database and to load-balance the web-servers. Any help is appreciated.

-Thanks,

Chris
Thomas Weckert, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

RE: How to setup liferay clustering using liferay 5.1.2 and tomcat 6.0 (Resposta)

Junior Member Postagens: 54 Data de Entrada: 10/08/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi Christopher,

the good thing is, that clustering Liferay can be done just by switching the coniguration files for EhCache and Hibernate in portal-ext.properties, please refer to the documentation of the EhCache and Hibernate sections in the Administration Guide (5. Advanced Liferay Configuration). If it's ok that you have sticky sessions in your cluster, you don't need to change anything on Tomcat. In fact, these settings cluster Liferay's internal caches.

You still need to take care of the document library and the Lucene search index, because both are per default stored on the local file system. It's possible to move both into the database as described in section 6 of the Administration Guide. Storing Lucene's search index in Postgres just doesn't work, I don't have experience with other database systems.

The 5.x EE version of Liferay supports moving the document library from one hook to another, e.g. from the file system into the database. I am not sure if the 5.x CE version has the same function, I didnt't see that. It would be interesting to know if this is a standard feature of 6.x CE.

Cheers
/thomas