Fórum

Organization namespace: repost

John O'Neill, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Organization namespace: repost

Junior Member Postagens: 36 Data de Entrada: 10/09/10 Postagens Recentes
I'm looking for a resolution to the scenario below. It was posted back in 2008 without a complete resolution. Please let me know how to resolve a unique name constraint for organizations by disabling the "check" or by another method?

Scenario:

3 top level organizations in the same instance of Liferay. Each top level organization has an HR child organization.

In creating this structure in Liferay 5.1, I found that child organization names must be unique for the enterprise, where as I assumed the constraint would be to scope child organization names to a namespace associated with the parent organization.

Does anyone know of a way to modify this mode of operation via a configuration change? Ideally I would like to be able to create any number of child organizations that have non-unique names at the enterprise level but are unique for their parent orgs.

Resolved by:
Just as a follow up on this. I have disabled the check for duplicate organization names for organizations that are not top level orgs. I did this several months ago and have many child orgs now that have the same name. I have not seen any issues so far.

Regards,
John
Aaron Harshbarger, modificado 11 Anos atrás.

RE: Organization namespace: repost

New Member Mensagem: 1 Data de Entrada: 18/06/10 Postagens Recentes
John O'Neill:
I have disabled the check for duplicate organization names for organizations that are not top level orgs. I did this several months ago and have many child orgs now that have the same name. I have not seen any issues so far.

Was there a specific property key/value you added or changed in order to allow duplicate organization names?