Fórum

Video Portlet in 6.2

thumbnail
Rajesh GR, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Video Portlet in 6.2

Regular Member Postagens: 161 Data de Entrada: 08/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Hello All,

Can somebody suggest me in achieving one common template which will support all the available video file formats,
video/avi,video/mp4,video/mpeg,video/ogg,video/quicktime,video/x-flv,video/x-m4v,video/x-ms-wmv,video/x-msvideo

Thanks in Advance.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: Video Portlet in 6.2 (Resposta)

Liferay Legend Postagens: 3089 Data de Entrada: 28/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Rajesh GR:
Hello All,

Can somebody suggest me in achieving one common template which will support all the available video file formats,
video/avi,video/mp4,video/mpeg,video/ogg,video/quicktime,video/x-flv,video/x-m4v,video/x-ms-wmv,video/x-msvideo

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Raghesh,

since Liferay 6.1 you can enable Xuggler from Control Panel -> Server administration -> External services.

This will enable your Liferay to create a video previews each time you upload one that will be compatible to many (if not all) devices like Iphone, HTML5, etc. This previews, when generated (this will need some time depending on the video size), will show a video player from document library when viewing the document.

Since Liferay 6.2 you can use these videos in a web content, as two new buttons will show in CKEditor so you can choose them.
thumbnail

RE: Video Portlet in 6.2

Juan Gonzalez:

Hi Raghesh,

since Liferay 6.1 you can enable Xuggler from Control Panel -> Server administration -> External services.

This will enable your Liferay to create a video previews each time you upload one that will be compatible to many (if not all) devices like Iphone, HTML5, etc. This previews, when generated (this will need some time depending on the video size), will show a video player from document library when viewing the document.

Since Liferay 6.2 you can use these videos in a web content, as two new buttons will show in CKEditor so you can choose them.

Hi Juan Gonzalez,

Thanks for providing me the solution. Now I m able to play all types of video files.
Luis Miguel González, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 08/11/14 Postagens Recentes
Juan Gonzalez:
Rajesh GR:
Hello All,

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Raghesh,

Hello Juan,

I am trying to enable Xuggler but it seems to be discontinued. When liferay (6.2) connects with Xuggler repositories on googlecode there is no code to download so the .jar file is created empty. I have accessed to this repository online and there is nothing. ¿Could you help me, please?¿has the video previews configuration changed?.

Thanks a lot.
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

Luis Miguel González:
Juan Gonzalez:
Rajesh GR:
Hello All,

Thanks in Advance.

Hi Raghesh,

Hello Juan,

I am trying to enable Xuggler but it seems to be discontinued. When liferay (6.2) connects with Xuggler repositories on googlecode there is no code to download so the .jar file is created empty. I have accessed to this repository online and there is nothing. ¿Could you help me, please?¿has the video previews configuration changed?.

Thanks a lot.

Yes, that URL is not available anymore. The issue is fixed under https://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-65771 and you should change this property in your portal-ext.properties:

xuggler.jar.url=https://files.liferay.com/mirrors/xuggle.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/share/java/xuggle/xuggle-xuggler/5.4/

Hope it helps.
Luis Miguel González, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 08/11/14 Postagens Recentes
Hi Juan,
Thank you, now I can see the audio and video buttons in CKEditor, but there is a fatal error when I access content management that even stops the server. See the trace below (it is reproduced only pushing the add button on the left to add portlet, content... to a page). Attached the log file.

Thanks in advance.

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000006ee76520, pid=7408, tid=6260
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_60-b19) (build 1.7.0_60-b19)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.60-b09 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [xuggle6639325210692871543.dll+0x736520]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\Liferay\Community\eclipse\hs_err_pid7408.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
thumbnail

Luis Miguel González:
Hi Juan,
Thank you, now I can see the audio and video buttons in CKEditor, but there is a fatal error when I access content management that even stops the server. See the trace below (it is reproduced only pushing the add button on the left to add portlet, content... to a page). Attached the log file.

Thanks in advance.

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x000000006ee76520, pid=7408, tid=6260
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (7.0_60-b19) (build 1.7.0_60-b19)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (24.60-b09 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C [xuggle6639325210692871543.dll+0x736520]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\Liferay\Community\eclipse\hs_err_pid7408.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

Hi again Luis.

There is a known error using some Windows 64 bit and Xuggler 5.4

In order to get it working you should have to build and compile latest xuggler from github sources (https://github.com/artclarke/xuggle-xuggler).

You have build instructions here: http://www.xuggle.com/xuggler/build.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.
thumbnail
Biniword Aweke Konjit, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

RE: Video Portlet in 6.2?????

Junior Member Postagens: 60 Data de Entrada: 14/11/12 Postagens Recentes
hy juan,I am using liferay 6.2 in ubuntu Os . I encountered the same problem ,

I set the xuggler url in portal-ext.properties, but whe i try to install the xuggler in server administration -> external services again I encountered anunexpected error saying "An unexpected error occcured while installing Xuggler..'files.liferay.com
thumbnail

RE: Video Portlet in 6.2?????

Biniword Aweke Konjit:
hy juan,I am using liferay 6.2 in ubuntu Os . I encountered the same problem ,

I set the xuggler url in portal-ext.properties, but whe i try to install the xuggler in server administration -> external services again I encountered anunexpected error saying "An unexpected error occcured while installing Xuggler..'files.liferay.com

Can you paste the whole stacktrace error from logs?

Just checked and URL (https://files.liferay.com/mirrors/xuggle.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/share/java/xuggle/xuggle-xuggler/5.4/) is available, so please double check you actually set the right property (and restarted Liferay after that).
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6403 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
Rajesh GR:

What do you mean with "support"? As Liferay is server-side, it will happily deliver your ASCII-Art encoded videos, and it's up to the client side to decode/display the videos. Are you looking for a format transformation? E.g. upload any format, embed playable video (optionally in different quality versions)?

In general I'd look for generic media streaming servers. A portal is not the best architecture for massively downloading huge files. Streaming media servers are a lot better equipped to parallelize large files, or to divide them up into chunks and adopt the quality to the bandwidth (on the fly)
thumbnail

Olaf Kock:
Rajesh GR:

What do you mean with "support"? As Liferay is server-side, it will happily deliver your ASCII-Art encoded videos, and it's up to the client side to decode/display the videos. Are you looking for a format transformation? E.g. upload any format, embed playable video (optionally in different quality versions)?

In general I'd look for generic media streaming servers. A portal is not the best architecture for massively downloading huge files. Streaming media servers are a lot better equipped to parallelize large files, or to divide them up into chunks and adopt the quality to the bandwidth (on the fly)

Hello Olaf Kock, Thanks for your reply on my query. Currently I m able to upload any type of Videos in docs and library portlet and preview the videos. But I need to create a web content display portlet which can display all types of video files. Please guide me to create a template for the web content portlet which will pick up the defined video and display irrespective of its video type.