Fórum

How implement UI for background task

thumbnail
Daniele Baggio, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

How implement UI for background task

Expert Postagens: 336 Data de Entrada: 05/12/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi all,

I'd like to know the right way to implement background tasks panel ui using JSF/PrimeFaces.
Within liferay sources tipically this panel are implements in pure jsp and alloyui ajax pooling. How can we implement the same ui within primefaces portlet?

thankyou
@baxtheman
thumbnail
Kyle Joseph Stiemann, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: How implement UI for background task

Liferay Master Postagens: 760 Data de Entrada: 14/01/13 Postagens Recentes
Hi Daniele,
It seems like you would be able to accomplish the polling via p:poll. Check out the Primefaces showcase for other components which would help in creating the UI for your portlet. p:dataTable might also be of interest if you are looking to create a UI similar to the image you posted.

- Kyle
thumbnail

Hi Kyle,

my question is to understand the right pattern to follow building the ui architecture.
Within a datatable cell there is a p:progressBar updated via ajax for instance and I want to understand the right pattern to build the server side / jsp part.

thankyou
thumbnail
Juan Gonzalez, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 3089 Data de Entrada: 28/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Daniele Baggio:
Hi Kyle,

my question is to understand the right pattern to follow building the ui architecture.
Within a datatable cell there is a p:progressBar updated via ajax for instance and I want to understand the right pattern to build the server side / jsp part.

thankyou

What do you mean by "pattern"? You have already in JSF all the tools you need, using p:poll and just update the component(s) you want in datatable.
thumbnail

I try to explain me better..

I have all the tools, all the bricks, in JSF to build it, i know.
But in the case of background tasks interface (a standard liferay jsp/mvc pattern), which is the right/best way to build the same result using the JSF way?
I'am able to build this kind of UI using JSF but maybe is not elegant... what is the right liferay-way to use JSF bricks building a "background tasks" managment interface?

Maybe we can talk about it at #lrdevcon with a beer?
@baxtheman
thumbnail

Daniele Baggio:
I try to explain me better..

I have all the tools, all the bricks, in JSF to build it, i know.
But in the case of background tasks interface (a standard liferay jsp/mvc pattern), which is the right/best way to build the same result using the JSF way?
I'am able to build this kind of UI using JSF but maybe is not elegant... what is the right liferay-way to use JSF bricks building a "background tasks" managment interface?
@baxtheman

Hi Daniele,

there isn't any "liferay-way". It's just a JSF way, you can find that kind of information in many places.

Did you already implement it? We can help about your approach if posting some code snippets (managed beans and xhtml) and we will make suggestions about your code.
thumbnail

Well, to be precise on my previous post, although there is a JSF standard way, you can use any of the Liferay Faces component set so it shows in a similar way. For example, you can use progress bar:

http://www.liferayfaces.org/web/guest/showcase/-/component/alloy/progressbar/general.

Take a look at the demo and the different use cases you can have, with the available API. There are different ways to achieve the same (using Primefaces with Liferay Faces, Liferay Faces only, etc).