Fórum

SEO - duplicate content

Gaurav Talwar, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

SEO - duplicate content

New Member Postagens: 13 Data de Entrada: 05/04/10 Postagens Recentes
Hello All,

I have been reading about SEO. One of the things i read was: Google doesn't like duplicate content. And this is my problem emoticon

For my website a page can be directly accessed like: www.example.com/pageName and it can also be accessed as www.example.com/web/communityName/pageName.

I have seen the same thing with liferay website also. Like i can access liferay homepage as: www.liferay.com, www.liferay.com/web/guest, www.liferay.com/home, www.liferay.com/web/guest/home.

Is there anyway this can be fixed?

Thanks,
Gaurav Talwar
jessica robin, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

RE: SEO - duplicate content

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 21/08/13 Postagens Recentes
Most search engines don't care particularly much about duplicate content. From research, it appears that Google considers parked domains as duplicate content and penalizes these sites in the rankings.

You should do two things for parked domain:
1. On the parked account, use a 301 redirect to the main site. Supposedly, this tells the Google that the URL is permanently moved and passes the duplicate content test.
2. If you are utilizing cPanel, add an 'Add-on Domain' of the domain you would like to park. Then, setup a redirect to the index of the main site. This creates as similar 301 permanent redirect that passes muster as non-duplicate content.
Brian Jenner, modificado 10 Anos atrás.

RE: SEO - duplicate content

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 23/05/13 Postagens Recentes
Gaurav,

Did you figure anything out with this? It is also troubling to me that the same content is served from so many different URLs. Did you figure out a better fix or somehow add canonical to the pages?