Fórum

Where to find documentation on Liferay AUI Modules

thumbnail
Claudio Donaté, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Where to find documentation on Liferay AUI Modules

Junior Member Postagens: 68 Data de Entrada: 09/04/15 Postagens Recentes
Hello guys. I don't know if it just me but I have quite a hard time finding documentation on some parts of Liferay. Everything is so spread around it is very hard to find a complete and concise font of information.

This time, for example, I was looking at the code for the Notification portlet and came across this line of code:

<aui:script use="aui-base,liferay-plugin-dockbar-notifications,liferay-plugin-notifications-list"></aui:script>

I know that your are choosing which modules to use, but, where can I find information about these modules? What can I do with them, a list of all available ones, etc.

If it's a book I have to buy, I'll buy it, no problem, but I'm tired of having to google everything for hours to find some sort of information that relate to my issue.

I know that my company uses CE version, that if free and open source, but please, help us with better documentation. If we can more easily use all the features that Liferay offers, our Portal will be better, witch in itself is advertisement to you guys.

Sorry for the outburst, but this is very frustrating to me.

So, back to my original question: Where can I find documentation on the AUI modules Liferay has?

Thank you!

P.s.: I'm using Liferay 6.2 GA 2 with Tomcat 7.
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

RE: Where to find documentation on Liferay AUI Modules

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
I've always found the best documentation to be the Liferay source. It's the one thing they give us that is the most complete information available.
thumbnail
Claudio Donaté, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

What do you mean Liferay source? The source code for the whole Portal? What kind of documentation is there? Can you give me an example?
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14919 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Claudio de Paula Donaté:
What do you mean Liferay source? The source code for the whole Portal? What kind of documentation is there? Can you give me an example?

Yes, the portal source. Any AUI tag worth using is used by the portal so you can track them down and find out how they are used. No "documentation" per se, but it's more like having a picture than the 1000 words that go with it.
thumbnail
Liferay Krrishna, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 81 Data de Entrada: 17/05/15 Postagens Recentes
Checkout these liks.

http://alloyui.com/api/classes/A.AceEditor.TemplateProcessor.html

http://alloyui.com/versions/1.5.x/api/classes/Dialog.html#attr_footerContent
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6403 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
Claudio Donaté:
Where can I find documentation on the AUI modules Liferay has?

http://alloyui.com/ has the docs on AlloyUI
thumbnail
Claudio de Paula Donaté, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

Hello Olaf, thank you for the reply.

About AlloyUI I know where to find the documentation, my question is about the Liferay modules I can use with AlloyUI.

Like: liferay-plugin-dockbar-notifications or liferay-plugin-notifications-list.

Where is the documentation of these modules? Witch modules can I use? And how can I use them?

Cheers!
thumbnail
Chris Maggiulli, modificado 6 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 19 Data de Entrada: 15/12/16 Postagens Recentes
Everyone dances around the questions on this forum. The truth is that Liferay is a very robust Java platform and while the documentation is getting better it is still incomplete. Liferays custom AUI modules have no official documentation as of today.

One of the previous posters did make a decent point. The absolute best way to learn Liferay until the documentation gets better is to peruse the portal source code.

Luckily most of Liferays custom AUI modules are located in the following folder:

Liferay 6.2
https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/tree/6.2.x/portal-web/docroot/html/js/liferay

Liferay 7
https://github.com/liferay/liferay-portal/tree/master/modules/apps/foundation/frontend-js/frontend-js-web/src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/liferay

In those folders each JavaScript file is a single liferay Aui module. That is where they are drfined, if you want to see them in use just search GitHub.

I wrote custom plugin portlets on the Liferay platform for two years and have probably read 2 or 3 books but I learned more in three or four months of writing hooks and extensions. Digging into the source code is the only way to really learn how to use Liferay unfortunately. I would suggest that you learn some of the spring, struts, and OSGi modules first. Then I would read portlets in action and liferay in action. From there if you start looking into the Liferay source code youll master the platform. Also, you can always start contribution to the codebase or documentation