Fórum

"Invite Members is temporarily unavailable." issue

Bojan Elez, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

"Invite Members is temporarily unavailable." issue

New Member Postagens: 2 Data de Entrada: 28/04/10 Postagens Recentes
Hello,

My team is absolutely loving the social office portal. One issue that we can't seem to fix is that on two of the accounts we created we get the message on the home screen with:
"Invite Members is temporarily unavailable." (in red color).

I have tried deactivating the account, restarting social office, giving full permissions to the user and still seeing that.

The only material I found was:

http://svn.liferay.com/browse/~raw,r=35044/portal/trunk/portal-impl/src/content/Language.properties

which has this directive:

invite-members=Invite Members
invoice=Invoice
irc=IRC
is-temporarily-unavailable={0} is temporarily unavailable.

But we don't know how to change the code? Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards!
thumbnail
Bryan Cheung, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

RE: "Invite Members is temporarily unavailable." issue

Expert Postagens: 373 Data de Entrada: 27/08/04 Postagens Recentes
Do you have the stack trace for when the error shows up?
Vinod V, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

RE: "Invite Members is temporarily unavailable." issue

Junior Member Postagens: 31 Data de Entrada: 29/09/09 Postagens Recentes
Bojan Elez:
Hello,

My team is absolutely loving the social office portal. One issue that we can't seem to fix is that on two of the accounts we created we get the message on the home screen with:
"Invite Members is temporarily unavailable." (in red color).

I have tried deactivating the account, restarting social office, giving full permissions to the user and still seeing that.

The only material I found was:

http://svn.liferay.com/browse/~raw,r=35044/portal/trunk/portal-impl/src/content/Language.properties

which has this directive:

invite-members=Invite Members
invoice=Invoice
irc=IRC
is-temporarily-unavailable={0} is temporarily unavailable.

But we don't know how to change the code? Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards!

We have had the same issue a few times. This happened to us when something very similar to the following happened (I was also able to re-create the issue): Person A creates a Site and invites Person B to that site > Person B do not accept or reject the request on his home page > Person A deletes that site > The error shows up in Person B's screen.

We were able to solve the issue by tweaking the DB. (This is not a recommended way; however I could not find any other way then). Basically, the invitation created entries in the DB for (Invited status)association of Person B and the Site. However, when the site was deleted, the Site ID became invalid. We deleted those entries in the DB(of course after taking a DB backup) and then things were sorted out.

If you cannot find any other way from the forum, do reply to this thread and then I can look up and tell you exactly which DB tables we used.

I am not a programmer and hence cannot really say whether this is right but I believe this issue needs to be sorted out in the Liferay code where invited status entries of the sites would be removed from the DB when the sites are deleted.