Fórum

Hide/Unhide a page in "Manage Pages" for Localization

Venkat Paruchuri, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Hide/Unhide a page in "Manage Pages" for Localization

Junior Member Postagens: 49 Data de Entrada: 09/03/09 Postagens Recentes
We are implementing Internationalization and Localization of our website which was developed in v5.1.2.

A page in English is no longer required in French and should be hidden if user switches the language selection to 'French'. I went to 'Manage Pages' pages and selected the desired page in tree structure. I changed localized language to 'French' and selected 'Hidden' checkbox assuming that the page is hidden just for 'French'. But page is hidden permanently for all languages.

Website doesn't require an user authentication. Any ideas how to hide/unhide a page based on language selection?

Thank you in advance.
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Hide/Unhide a page in "Manage Pages" for Localization

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1902 Data de Entrada: 10/03/08 Postagens Recentes
I think you'll need to do some customizing to get what you want. I don't think Liferay can do what you want out of the box.
Venkat P, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

I am not familiar with Liferay. Can you please provide some clues as how I can customize to accomplish my requirement?

In fact, what I am looking is really a basic feature for Localization. One may not want all information of their site be available in all languages. Currently 'Name' and 'Title' can be modified for a selected language. It would be very helpful to developers if System offers ability to hide/unhide a link in navigation menu based on Language selection. I think my question should go into 'Product Features' category.
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Venkat P:
I am not familiar with Liferay. Can you please provide some clues as how I can customize to accomplish my requirement?

For your customization you'll probably want to look at navigation.vm, NavItem.java and Layout.java.

In fact, what I am looking is really a basic feature for Localization. One may not want all information of their site be available in all languages. Currently 'Name' and 'Title' can be modified for a selected language. It would be very helpful to developers if System offers ability to hide/unhide a link in navigation menu based on Language selection. I think my question should go into 'Product Features' category.

If this is a feature that you need, you may want to consider sponsoring it's development. Contact sales@lifray.com for more information. Liferay currently takes a different approach to missing translations. If a translation can't be found, it reverts to the default language.
Venkat P, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

I am sorry that what I am looking is very different.

My application has got its own top navigation menu bar and left navigation menus. This nav bar is rendered automatically by 'Manage Pages' tree stucture (top level nodes of tree) of the community.

Left navigation menu is automatically rendered by Navigation porlet. A hyperlink in this left menu should not appear for 'French' language but should be available if language selection is changed to 'English'. Is this possible to accomplish with default features in Liferay? If not, how do I customize it?

NOTE: Please see attachment to understand what I mean by TOP NAVIGATION BAR and LEFT NAVIGATION MENU.

Thank you in advance.
thumbnail
Samuel Kong, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

You'll need to modify some JSPs since the left navigation is a portlet and not a part of the theme.

Use a JSP Hook to modify the JSPs in

/html/portlet/navigation/*

and

/html/taglib/ui/navigation/*