Fórum

Export 5.2.3 Import 6.0.1.

thumbnail
Hennie de Villiers, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Export 5.2.3 Import 6.0.1.

Junior Member Postagens: 78 Data de Entrada: 01/04/09 Postagens Recentes
When exporting and organization's pages from 5.2.3. and then importing that to 6.0.1. the process fails stating invalid data.

Will there be a solution for this or will one have to take this will be incompatible to the changes in 6?

Is there any guide how to "repack" the export to import to 6?
thumbnail
Zsolt Balogh, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Export 5.2.3 Import 6.0.1.

Expert Postagens: 463 Data de Entrada: 23/03/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

Exporting / importing across versions are not supported currently. If you want to have your old data, you should upgrade your database by the Liferay upgrade process.

Zsolt
Geoff Ruscoe, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 10 Data de Entrada: 14/10/09 Postagens Recentes
While I agree in theory (as this is what I tried to do). Upgrading from 5.2.3 to 6.0.1 (or 6.0.0) fails. I have seen several reports about it and it failed for me. I am currently trying to figure out what other upgrade processes there are. I realize that this is a preview release, but it is really difficult to test when I can't upgrade from the previous version.

Any thoughts?

The error I get is:

[#|2010-04-22T14:43:26.055-0400|INFO|glassfishv3.0|javax.enterprise.system.std.com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl|_ThreadID=11;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|14:43:26,054 ERROR [MainServlet:213] com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyException: com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyException: com.liferay.portal.NoSuchResourceActionException: com.liferay.portlet.journal.model.JournalArticle#ADD_DISCUSSION
com.liferay.portal.kernel.events.ActionException: com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyException: com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyException: com.liferay.portal.NoSuchResourceActionException: com.liferay.portlet.journal.model.JournalArticle#ADD_DISCUSSION
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyException: com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyException: com.liferay.portal.NoSuchResourceActionException: com.liferay.portlet.journal.model.JournalArticle#ADD_DISCUSSION
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyProcess.verify(VerifyProcess.java:85)
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyException: com.liferay.portal.NoSuchResourceActionException: com.liferay.portlet.journal.model.JournalArticle#ADD_DISCUSSION
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyProcess.verify(VerifyProcess.java:85)
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyProcess.verify(VerifyProcess.java:92)
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyProcessSuite.doVerify(VerifyProcessSuite.java:41)
at com.liferay.portal.verify.VerifyProcess.verify(VerifyProcess.java:82)
... 51 more
Caused by: com.liferay.portal.NoSuchResourceActionException: com.liferay.portlet.journal.model.JournalArticle#ADD_DISCUSSION
at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.ResourceActionLocalServiceImpl.getResourceAction(ResourceActionLocalServiceImpl.java:83)
thumbnail
Miles Huang, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 29 Data de Entrada: 31/08/05 Postagens Recentes
If you just want to separate export/import part of a LP installation, there is a simple solution:

Make a backup of the old installation, which include database and data directory, and recover it in a temporary developing environment. Upgrade the temporary environment to LP6, export the community/organization as a LP6 LAR, import it into new LP6 environment, test if everything works.

Although this sounds cumbersome, this process do reduce the risk by providing a gradual upgrade way when upgrading a huge installation with a lot of communities/instances.
Geoff Ruscoe, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 10 Data de Entrada: 14/10/09 Postagens Recentes
So I don't think that sounds too cumbersome. But have you been able to do the upgrade from 5.2.3 to 6.0.1? I tried that and the upgrade from 5.2.3 to 6.0.0 and both of them fail with the same errors.

Have you been able to do this upgrade? Why does yours not fail?
thumbnail
Miles Huang, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 29 Data de Entrada: 31/08/05 Postagens Recentes
Actually many open issues related to LP6 upgrade have been reported to Liferay. As LP6 have not been generally available, it is quite normal to have some major issues leave unresolved. Hope these issues can be fixed before it is reaching the GA status.

Try to search in the http://issues.liferay.com, you may find out if the issue you encountered has been reported already. If not, you can file a new issue and track the resolve process.

I'm not saying I can upgrade LP5 to LP6 successfully. Actually I've meet some other problems when upgrading. The upgrade method I've mentioned is just a work around since Liferay doesn't support import LAR which is exported from another version.

Best Regards,
Miles.
thumbnail
Bijan Vakili, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 38 Data de Entrada: 05/04/10 Postagens Recentes
Hey everyone having trouble upgrading from 5.2.3 to 6.0.0,

The following is what got me at first too, but thanks to Jon Alvarado's blog entry titled "Upgrading from Liferay 5.2.3 to 6.0.0 ", I realized the mistake was mine:

The default permission algorithm in Liferay 6.0.0 and above is number 6, whereas in 5.2.3 it is 5, so add "permissions.user.check.algorithm=5" to the portal-ext.properties to make the upgrade work. What is permission algorithm 6? Bitwise permissions. It provides a faster permission algorithm with a smaller footprint in the database. See LPS-2793 at the following URI for more details: http://issues.liferay.com/browse/LPS-2793

The link to Jon's blog is as follows:
http://codebauhaus.com/web/jon-alvarado/home/-/blogs/upgrading-from-liferay-5-2-3-to-6-0-0

Note: Although I havent tested upgrading Liferay 5.2.3 to 6.0.1, I expect the above instructions will work because I tested them for upgrading from 5.2.3 to 6.0.0 using a the Liferay 5.2.3/Tomcat 6.x bundle with MySQL 5.1.

Thanks.
Dominic Tan, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 7 Data de Entrada: 05/05/10 Postagens Recentes
I noticed that there is now a portal-legacy-5.2.properties file which sets the algorithm to 5. But when importing a 5.2.3 LAR it still gives out the invalid data error. I'm not too knowledgeable about how things work in the backend but I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.

There are only 2 portal.properties that I am aware of but they reside in a different folder.
thumbnail
Puj Z, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 220 Data de Entrada: 14/01/10 Postagens Recentes
I upgraded the database successfully by putting permissions.user.check.algorithm=5 in portal-ext.properties.

but when I try to run the application (localhost:8080), I get following errer after receivingn bunch of exceptions while tomcat were trying to register portlets like wsrp-portlet (16:29:10,468 ERROR [HotDeployUtil:107] com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployException: Error registering portlets for web-form-portlet com.liferay.portal.kernel.deploy.hot.HotDeployException: Error registering portlets for web-form-portlet)

The exception I am receiving when I try to run liferay is:
16:29:25,109 ERROR [CompanyThreadLocal:56] com.liferay.portal.NoSuchCompanyException: No Company exists with the primary key 1
com.liferay.portal.NoSuchCompanyException: No Company exists with the primary key 1
at com.liferay.portal.service.persistence.CompanyPersistenceImpl.findByPrimaryKey(CompanyPersistenceImpl.java:396)
at com.liferay.portal.service.base.CompanyLocalServiceBaseImpl.getCompany(CompanyLocalServiceBaseImpl.java:237)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)
at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:309)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:183)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:150)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.transaction.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:67)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ChainableMethodAdvice.invoke(ChainableMethodAdvice.java:57)
at com.liferay.portal.spring.aop.ChainableMethodAdvice.invoke(ChainableMethodAdvice.java:57)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:89)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:172)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:202)
at $Proxy24.getCompany(Unknown Source)
at com.liferay.portal.service.CompanyLocalServiceUtil.getCompany(CompanyLocalServiceUtil.java:94)
at com.liferay.portal.security.auth.CompanyThreadLocal.setCompanyId(CompanyThreadLocal.java:50)
at com.liferay.portal.util.PortalInstances._getCompanyId(PortalInstances.java:223)
at com.liferay.portal.util.PortalInstances.getCompanyId(PortalInstances.java:68)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.virtualhost.VirtualHostFilter.processFilter(VirtualHostFilter.java:150)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:106)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:179)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.processFilter(BaseFilter.java:179)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:109)
at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:738)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.filters.threadlocal.ThreadLocalFilter.processFilter(ThreadLocalFilter.java:37)
at com.liferay.portal.kernel.servlet.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:106)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:465)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:852)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

I changed permissions.user.check.algorithm back to 6 and run tomcat again, but the same problem exists. Apparently liferay is looking for some company that does not exists in my database.
Any ideas how to deal with it? appreciate it!

I am using liferay-tomcat-6.0.2 on Windows with mysql5.1 and I migrated my database from 5.2.3
thumbnail
Arcko Duan, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 213 Data de Entrada: 15/10/07 Postagens Recentes
Check whether table shard in your lportal db has data.

if no row exists with value

[indent]1, 10007, 1, 'default'[/indent]

then add it and retry.