Fórum

Loyalty points as payment method

Dennis de Groot, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Loyalty points as payment method

New Member Postagens: 3 Data de Entrada: 27/08/09 Postagens Recentes
Hello,

For a customer I´m looking for a solution regarding loyalty points. This is a way of allowing customers to pay with loyalty points instead of real money. It is like paying with airmiles.
Is there anyone in the community who has experience with that or build some portlets for that?

I´m curious to your reactions!

Regards,

Dennis
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Loyalty points as payment method

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2034 Data de Entrada: 05/03/09 Postagens Recentes
I know what you're referring to but I've not seen anything like that. Heck, Liferay doesn't even support paying with real money much less monopoly money.
thumbnail
Brian Kim, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Loyalty points as payment method

Expert Postagens: 311 Data de Entrada: 17/08/04 Postagens Recentes
Dennis de Groot:
Hello,

For a customer I´m looking for a solution regarding loyalty points. This is a way of allowing customers to pay with loyalty points instead of real money. It is like paying with airmiles.
Is there anyone in the community who has experience with that or build some portlets for that?

I´m curious to your reactions!

Regards,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

It really depends on how you would want to setup your solution to use loyalty points. There is no OOTB (out-of-the-box) feature because there is nothing within Liferay that would warrant using loyalty points. However, I don't see why you couldn't just customize your build to accommodate it. You would just need to customize the User_ object to maintain the number of points and then have them deducted or added based on whatever reward system you design.

Best,
--
Brian