Fórum

Asset Publisher - Adding Organization as a Asset Type

thumbnail
Faisal K, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Asset Publisher - Adding Organization as a Asset Type

Regular Member Postagens: 138 Data de Entrada: 09/01/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi All,

I am looking for Suggestions for adding Organization as an Asset Type and a possibility to display Organizations, and able to navigate to there Public Page.

Main Motive is to show the Organization be able to Search based on the Tags and categories, and wan tot display Latest Organization.

I did some sample code in Liferay-6.0 to build this and able to display the Organizations in the Asset Publisher. and used enterprise_admin_organizations(modified liferay-portlet.xml) portlet to make AssetRendererFactory and all.

waiting for your feedback,
Regards,
Faisal.K
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Asset Publisher - Adding Organization as a Asset Type

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2034 Data de Entrada: 05/03/09 Postagens Recentes
If I'm reading this correctly, you want to write code and are looking for "Suggestions" on how to do that. This isn't the right place to ask that. You should post in "Development" and I'm sure that someone there can help. If you're posting this as a feature request for consideration, then you are in the right place.
thumbnail

Thanks for the Reply,

Of course I know this is where I can get Suggestions regarding feature list, I am looking for some body like you to comment about the feature and be able to get the feature part of Liferay, I can do this feature and if it is so interesting for the others then I can submit for the Liferay community, If some body else is doing the same thing I can reduce my work load.

Regards,
Faisal.K
thumbnail
Juan Fernández, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1261 Data de Entrada: 02/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Faisal:
I think that tagging and categorizing organizations can be useful, but I wouldn't do it in the asset publisher, as I think it can be misleading for the users.
That portlet (I think) is more focused in objects like blog entries, docs, calendar events, etc.
I would tag the Organization in the Organizations section in the control panel: does it make sense to you?
thumbnail

Hi,

I want to show the Organizations in my Home Page using Tags,categories

I saw interesting stuff, that Liferay is storing Organization as a asset and it is kept invisible, but there is no way to render it via Asset Publisher.

From Control panel we are tagging and catogerising the Organization, but we are not using these tagging any where.
thumbnail
Juan Fernández, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1261 Data de Entrada: 02/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Where would you like to see the organizations tags and categories?
thumbnail

HI,

I would like to show the Organization listing in my Home Page, number of Places I want to place.
Koen Cleynhens, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Junior Member Postagens: 83 Data de Entrada: 23/02/10 Postagens Recentes
Faisal K:
HI,

I would like to show the Organization listing in my Home Page, number of Places I want to place.

Hello,

Did you find a solution? I need something simular...
thumbnail
Faisal K, modificado 13 Anos atrás.

Hi,

Sorry for a late reply I didn't find any solution until now.

Regards.
Faisal.K
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Moving thread

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2871 Data de Entrada: 31/08/06 Postagens Recentes
Moving thread to the appropriate category
Tobias Rothen, modificado 8 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 11 Data de Entrada: 02/06/15 Postagens Recentes
Hello

I know it has been a while since the last post, but I am facing the exact same problem. (on Liferay 6.2 CE)
Did somebody find a solution to that problem?
I implemented an OrganizationAssetRenderer and -Factory to display the results, modified the OrganizationLocalServiceImplementation so that the parameter "Visible" is set to true but the AssetPublisher is still not displaying any organizations.
There are corresponding AssetEntries (visible) in the database and the organizations are properly retrieved by the search portlet (FacetedSearch), just the AssetRenderer does not get any hits on Organization.

Can someone help me out here?

Best Regards and many Thanks,
Tobias
Tobias Rothen, modificado 7 Anos atrás.

New Member Postagens: 11 Data de Entrada: 02/06/15 Postagens Recentes
A small Sitenote for all those who are still interested in a solution for that problem:

I was able to solve that problem in both Liferay 6.2 and Liferay 7 by implementing the following:

- Implementation of OrganizationAssetRender and OrganizationAssetRendererFactory (via Portlet)
- Service Wrapper (or ext-plugin under Liferay 6) to change OrganizationLocalServiceImpl such that the AssetEntry is set to "visible = true" instead of false
- An IndexerPostProcessor for the OrganizationIndexer using postProcessContextQuery to change the searchContext GroupIds to 0 / global (which is yet a workaround but at least displays all Organizations)

That way I am able to search and display Organizations on both the full-text search and in the AssetPublisher.