Fórum

Control Panel Search

thumbnail
Juan Fernández, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Control Panel Search

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1261 Data de Entrada: 02/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi everybody!

What about a search mini-portlet for the control panel? I suppose you have thought several times something like "Where do I control the memory of my server?" or "where can I change my login reminder query?" and then you go to the control panel... but you don't know where to find that! There are lots of menu options!

If we had a finder, you could write for example "LDAP" and it will led you to "Configuration" -> "Autentication" -> "LDAP"

Wouldn't this be useful? Above all knowing that this is going to grow much more on the following versions

Give me some feedback! emoticon
Regards
Juan Fernández
thumbnail
Jorge Ferrer, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Control Panel Search

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2871 Data de Entrada: 31/08/06 Postagens Recentes
Very interesting, I like the idea.

I'm imagining it working in a very similar way to the "Add Application" incremental search box. What we would need is a way for portlets to be able to register keywords associated to URLs that take you to that place.

Do you have any thoughts on how that could work? Configuration, API, something else?
thumbnail
Juan Fernández, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Control Panel Search

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1261 Data de Entrada: 02/10/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Jorge:
I've been thinking about this.

We've got the portlets Ids, and we access them through the control panel with call like this:
http://localhost:8080/group/control_panel/manage?[b]p_p_id=25[/b]&p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_state=maximized&p_p_mode=view

If we create some static tags (they would be "user", "group", "password", "LDAP", "server admin" and so on) and we store a relationship between those tags and portlets (this could be a SIMPLE table with a column called plid and another one called tagId), then write the names of the tags in the language.properties so that it can be i18zed, we will be able to search the localized file with an incremental search, get the key value of the coincidences, then get the plids from the database and then create dinamically the urls to call the concrete portlets.