Fórum

Liferay VS. Sun GlassFish Web Space Server 10.0

Camille Versteeg, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Liferay VS. Sun GlassFish Web Space Server 10.0

New Member Postagens: 8 Data de Entrada: 25/09/09 Postagens Recentes
Hello;

i'm currently wondering what the differences are between these two intranet "solutions". The Web Space Server tells us that its based on Liferay. But what are the exact differences then?

The main reason for us trying out Web Space is the workflow portlet. The liferay workflow portlet is not properly working in 5.2.3; it got moved from being an official plugin to a community plugin and there doesn't seem to be a properly working version in 5.2.3.

But i'm wondering if Web Space is just as "open" as Liferay. Is it fully OPEN SOURCE or not? I'm not able to find it, but how is that possible if liferay is open source and web space isn't. How is that working out. Or is the liferay part open and the SUN portlets closed software?

Tell me your experience;

~Camille Versteeg
thumbnail
zaheer mohammed saddapalli, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay VS. Sun GlassFish Web Space Server 10.0

Regular Member Postagens: 165 Data de Entrada: 15/01/08 Postagens Recentes
Yes exactly ....

long back sun and liferay togther started Websynergy. It is copy of Liferay with some features. That source s not open nut Liferay is completely open.

Similar way with Sun GlassFish Web Space Server 10.0.

With Regards,
Saddapalli Mohammed Zaheer
Camille Versteeg, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay VS. Sun GlassFish Web Space Server 10.0

New Member Postagens: 8 Data de Entrada: 25/09/09 Postagens Recentes
zaheer mohammed saddapalli:
Yes exactly ....

long back sun and liferay togther started Websynergy. It is copy of Liferay with some features. That source s not open nut Liferay is completely open.

Similar way with Sun GlassFish Web Space Server 10.0.

With Regards,
Saddapalli Mohammed Zaheer

so the LIFERAY part of Web Space Server is OPEN SOURCE and the EXTRA features is CLOSED. Or is the ENTIRE project closed source?