Fórum

Change to Wiki Structure and Layout on Liferay.com

thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Change to Wiki Structure and Layout on Liferay.com

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2034 Data de Entrada: 05/03/09 Postagens Recentes
Taken From This Thread

I want to post this and see what the rest of you think.... I'm absolutely certain that I'm missing stuff in the layout.... Hoping that you guys will care enough to pick it apart and see what's missing.

Just so you don't think that all I do is gripe without contributing, I'm proposing the following site map for your wiki. I'd like to see the community discuss it. I'm sure that I've missed some stuff but I feel certain that the rest of the community will be able to fill in those gaps. I'm just not sure of the best way to post it for people to be able to comment on it.

• Improving the wiki will be good because people might start to use if they understand it better. The search in the wiki isn't much better than the search in the message boards. Its great that it pulls up 500 results but when 497 are not relevant, it's annoying, not useful. A big part of this is because of the way that the wiki is organized, which is is to say that it's really not. It's grown organically over time. Ok for starting out but not what one wants to see from a project billing itself as "Enterprise"
  • Its really not clear where to put documentation when you write in it. That's really a function of the organization of the current wiki and that makes it very unfriendly to anyone who does happen to be wiling to write a page.
  • I'm going to point you guys to the Drupal wiki. One of the first things you will notice is a big paragraph about "Please write in our wiki". at the very top of the page. In that same paragraph is link to directions on how to improve the documentation. That makes it about as clear as one can that the userbase is allowed to write in the wiki.
  • There is a page on how their wiki is organized and where pages would fall on pretty much any given topic. That's a page I've not seen in your current Wiki at all.
  • There is also a style guide that explains the conventions used. Again, I've not seen a page like this in current wiki either.