Fórum

Resource and/or books for 5.2.3 development

Daniele Segato, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Resource and/or books for 5.2.3 development

New Member Postagens: 12 Data de Entrada: 05/10/09 Postagens Recentes
I've been searching for resource about the 5.2.3 version of Liferay on the internet and I've found out that the documentation around is very outdated and scattered around a lot of places.

Even the community page for developers ( Roadmap for new developers) that say: "This document [..] is intended to point you to what the community considers to be the "most up to date" resource covering a particular topic. " is a lot outdated and with broken links too.

So I don't see a nice starting point for a new developer.

I've been suggested with this book: Liferay Portal 5.2 Systems Development which I'm probably going to order.

Do you have any link to up-to-date resource in the web for a developers?
And for customizing liferay?
About the liferay proprietary api?
Any suggested book?

Thanks,
Daniele
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Resource and/or books for 5.2.3 development

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2034 Data de Entrada: 05/03/09 Postagens Recentes
There's also another one by Sarang called "Practical Liferay". Unfortunately, that's about all you get book-wise. However, the forums are usually pretty responsive if you have a particular question.

I do agree with you that the WIKI needs a huge overhaul. I have to say that I'm not wild about how the wiki works and that probably has a LOT to do with the very "organic" structure of it. The organizational structure of it is not very clear and the search function isn't "all that" either.

A lot of stuff isn't even stored in the Wiki. It's in JIRA, which, IMHO just is NOT an intuitive place to look for documentation. WIKI = documentation, ergo if one is looking for documetation, one goes to the wiki.....