Fórum

Liferay 5.1.7 updates

thumbnail
Tarun S. Kayasth, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Liferay 5.1.7 updates

Regular Member Postagens: 162 Data de Entrada: 08/06/07 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

can somebody tell me from where i can get the release note for Liferay 5.1.7?
or the list of issues fixed/wont fix/reproduced list for Liferay 5.1.7

Thanks,
Tarun Kayasth
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay 5.1.7 updates

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2034 Data de Entrada: 05/03/09 Postagens Recentes
Ooo... I don't know where the change logs for each rev are kept. The logical place would be in the Wiki...
thumbnail

Lisa,

Usually Release notes are in Jira.

here is the one for 5.1.2
http://issues.liferay.com/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=10321&styleName=Html&projectId=10014

Here are the notes for 5.1.6

https://www.liferay.com/c/document_library/get_file?folderId=1838339&name=DLFE-1491.html
http://issues.liferay.com/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10953&styleName=Html&version=10368

for 5.1.7
http://issues.liferay.com/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10953&styleName=Html&version=10381

The problem with Release note on 5.1.6 and 5.1.7 is they are blank in Liferay Issue link.

So i am looking for the correct Release note

Thanks,

Tarun Kayasth
CIGNEX Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
thumbnail
Mika Koivisto, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 1519 Data de Entrada: 07/08/06 Postagens Recentes
5.1.7 is enterprise edition release. The Liferay EE project in JIRA is not available for everyone to view. If the release notes are empty that just means that you don't have permission to access it. If you are a EE customer you should contact your EE contact person for the release notes. I believe that 5.1.7 EE is not yet released.
thumbnail

Hi Mika,

Thanks for the information.

- Tarun
thumbnail

Mika,

it looks like release note for 5.1.6 and 5.1.7 are really empty.
even if i login to it i am looking at the blank not with just a header:

" Release Notes - PRIVATE - Liferay Portal Enterprise Edition - Version 5.1.6"

URL that i am looking are mentioned in previous post.

Thanks,

Tarun Kayasth
thumbnail

Why would the release notes be in the ticketing system? That has little to no logic for me. It's documentation and frankly, documentation should be placed in the wiki. The ticketing system is just not my first call for a logical place to look for release notes and version changes. They're almost always in the wiki where people can find them. You can vote my comment down all you like, but seriously, is it that hard to put up a section of the wiki that details nothing but the change log for each version as its issued?
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6403 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
Having the changelog in the issuetracker is nice when most issues are tracked - they usually are done automatically with no need or chance for a human to mess things up. Releasenotes in Jira usually are linked to the tickets themselves, so that you can easily read more about some obscure headline and see if it affects you and what's been fixed.

I like it this way. On the other hand, I'd prefer the releasenotes to be public, if only as a means for marketing the enterprise version. It'd make a difference if there were 5, 50 or 500 issues solved. Plus I'd like to be able to point out the severity of bugs in order to convince business people to go for EE if that makes sense for them.

Then again I have other things to do than reading releasenotes and it's probably cheaper to upgrade without reading them - compared with the time required to assess the single issues.

So - "+1" for having releasenotes in the issue tracker. Undecided on the opinion about having them public or not.
thumbnail

Olaf,

but can you tel me the reason why even after login in i can not see the release note for 5.1.6?

are you able to see the release note here:
http://issues.liferay.com/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10953&styleName=Html&version=10368

Thanks,
Tarun Kayasth
thumbnail
Olaf Kock, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 6403 Data de Entrada: 23/09/08 Postagens Recentes
Sorry, can't tell - as I'm using the community edition myself. If you say 5.1.6 is already out and you've purchased EE, you might want to contact someone at Liferay Inc. But then - they are reading here, as Mika demonstrated emoticon

I don't know about the access policies for the releasenotes/Jira on EE at all. Sorry.
thumbnail
Jeffrey Handa, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 541 Data de Entrada: 01/12/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Tarun,

It looks like it's related to your login. The release notes are visible with the proper permissions. Contact your Liferay EE contact for additional help.
thumbnail

How hard could it be to copy and paste that into the wiki???? Or at least LINK to the JIRA page from the WIKI? WIKI = documentation to almost anyone who knows what a WIKI is... And I really don't think they should be private. Why would you want to keep your features, fixes, and improvements private???