Fórum

Liferay Compatibility with browser latest versions

Aris Skouroliakos, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Compatibility with browser latest versions

New Member Postagens: 6 Data de Entrada: 04/06/13 Postagens Recentes
Hello,

I'd like to know which browser and which versions of these browsers are compatible with the Liferay CE 6.2.1.

Because I had some problems with IE11 on windows 8.1 and Chrome 35 on windows 8.1 and 7. I'd like to mention that after turning on the compatibility mode on IE11 and by adding my address the site was working properly. Is there a way, that I can do that inside Liferay or by adding some code.

Also I'd like to know if there any Java Runtime requirements.
Is there any hardware and software requirements documentation for users?

Thanks a lot,

Aris
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

RE: Liferay Compatibility with browser latest versions

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14915 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
Most issues w/ newer browsers tend to be CSS related, especially if you're using a custom theme.

Java should be Oracle JDK, either version 6 or 7 (not 8), and no openjdk, etc.

There is a compatibility matrix which should tell you about browser compatibility.

Hello David,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I used the pixelpress theme and I will provide, on Monday, the code i wrote in the custom.css, to see if it's something wrong there.

Furthermore:
[indent]1. We have 2 liferay servers that are using the same database and the same documents (data).
2. We use 2 apache servers "in front" of the 2 liferay instances.
3. Both of them use load balancing to each liferay instance, using mod_jk.so on every apache.
4. In the same time, these 2 apache servers run windows network load balancing[/indent].

Does the liferay run with the above scenario?

Also, can you provide me with the link about the matrix you mentioned?

Thanks!
thumbnail
David H Nebinger, modificado 9 Anos atrás.

Liferay Legend Postagens: 14915 Data de Entrada: 02/09/06 Postagens Recentes
You have to set up Liferay as a cluster in that configuration (mostly to ensure each node keeps it's local index up to date), but sure it will work.

And the link is found using a simple google search: https://www.liferay.com/services/support/support-matrix

Thanks David!
I found the same link by google, when u told me about the matrix, but i wanted to be sure that there isn't something newer than the one i found emoticon

David,

I would like to ask you what ports have to be open, so liferay could run without any problems.

Also, in the scenario where the apache is "in front" and the liferay is "back" are the ports 80 and 443 ok? Or I should change them? And if I have to change them, what ports should be used? (in case there are some specific ports for that! )

Best regards,

Aris