Fórum

organization and community issues

thumbnail
Dirk Rödl, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

organization and community issues

New Member Postagens: 23 Data de Entrada: 05/05/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi Experts,

I installed and configured liferay 5.2.3 on a Fedora 11.

I configured one organization where all users(about 40) can login with ldap as authentication. This works well.
I disabled the public-pages of all users. There is no community, I also deactivated the guest community.

My Problem now is, that user "a" can't access the private pages of user "b" and vice versa. I created a usergroup with these two users and created a public and a private page for this group. But the users of this group can't see or access the pages.

thanks in advance

Dirk
thumbnail
Lisa Simpson, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: organization and community issues

Liferay Legend Postagens: 2034 Data de Entrada: 05/03/09 Postagens Recentes
Private pages are just that - private to that user. You might look at turning on the "public" pages and making them not viewable by Guest.
thumbnail

Hi

this would be the perfect solution. Because at the moment the public pages really public, they are visible for the whole internet.

I need public pages which are only viewable for authenticated user (ldap) . At the moment only the public pages of the organization are visible for authenticated user (ldap).

Does anybody know how to configure this ?

thanks in advance

Dirk
Oliver Bayer, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 894 Data de Entrada: 18/02/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi,

in the "manage-pages"-section of a user with private/public pages you can remove the "view" right of the public pages from the guest user. So if a guest user (= unauthenticated user) tries to access the public page of a user via url he is redirected to the login page of your portal.

Greets Oli
thumbnail

Hi oli,

thanks, this is it.

But if a user creates a new public page he get's again the view right for the guest user. That's my problem, if we're going live I can't control all public pages of about 40 colleques.

I need a default configuration or a default role set where I can set the right for my needs.

thanks in advance

Dirk
Bernardo Riveira Faraldo, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Regular Member Postagens: 135 Data de Entrada: 30/10/08 Postagens Recentes
this may be of no use for you, but we managed to hide all public pages using CAS as single-sign on (configured for LDAP users also). With CAS, you can protect specific URLs (we protected almost the whole site) so without logging in, users can't view pages.