Fórum

FYI -- FireScope SUX!!!!!

thumbnail
Chris Wirth, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

FYI -- FireScope SUX!!!!!

Junior Member Postagens: 77 Data de Entrada: 08/05/09 Postagens Recentes
I was looking for a portlet that would allow me to access a SQL database, map fields, define a query, and have the results populate the portlet with the results. The application would be an Employee Directory portlet that access the SQL database that our phone system sits on -- giving me the ability to show phone numbers in the directory (to compensate for Liferays glaring failure to support more LDAP mappings -- hello, PHONE number????)

Anyway, I found what I thought was a cool solution called Data Now from FireScope. IT BLOWS. First off it only support up to Liferay 5.1.1... so I went retro and installed an instance of that instead of my slated platform of 5.2.1 or 5.2.2. After installing and configuring the plugin in 5.1.1 IT STILL DOESN'T WORK!!!

I have spent more than a day with their incompetent support joker "Carl" just to tell me that there's no ETA for the next version. And then burned time talking to sleazy sales rep who simply told me that "Data now" isn't their core product so they don't really dev on it.

Just a heads up to the community -- with so mnay upsatrt companies out there doing good work, don;t support the jokers.

anyone have an idea for a SQL query portlet that actually works...??

Thanks!

Chris
thumbnail
Albert J Carter-Corbin, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: FYI -- FireScope SUX!!!!!

Regular Member Postagens: 123 Data de Entrada: 12/09/06 Postagens Recentes
I haven't seen any data mapping portlets but you do have a few options for the issue that you described:

You could replace the LDAPImport code to support additional mappings of LDAP fields.

You could write a service builder portlet that connects to your external database and read the data in as a live feed, or better yet import the data from the data source into liferay.
thumbnail
Chris Wirth, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: FYI -- FireScope SUX!!!!!

Junior Member Postagens: 77 Data de Entrada: 08/05/09 Postagens Recentes
FWIW...

We ended up using a SQL report through reporting services (which was hitting our phone system db) and then using an embedded page to bring that report into Liferay -- it works great. It also had less issues than bringing the same report into an iframe portlet (which had some path issues).

Thanks,

-Chris