Fórum

User's Public/Private Pages and Layout Changes

Rice Owl, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

User's Public/Private Pages and Layout Changes

Regular Member Postagens: 177 Data de Entrada: 24/04/09 Postagens Recentes
Hi all,

I'm working on using a LAR file to specify a layout for a user's public and private pages. I understand how to set that up and reference it in the properties file (offhand, I forget which one, but I have the manual i can reference). My question is this: Say like I design a page, export it to a LAR file, then I use that LAR file in the configuration for the user's public and private layout. Okay, all is well. Say like 10 users have created accounts, they should now have their public/private pages according to the LAR file.

Now, say like I decide that I want to change up the public/private pages layout - say I want to add some more portlets. I create a new LAR file, update the configs and all that. The question: Will these changes affect those who have already created accounts (like the 10 users who've already created accounts) OR will it only affect those who sign up after the changes? I really want to be able to modify these public/private pages. I figure down the road I know I'll want to add more functionality to a user's public/private page but am afraid that it will only affect new users and those who've already created accounts won't get the changed layouts.

DOes anybody know how tha works? And if it only affects new users, then is there a recommended approach to be able to push changes to a user public/private layout w/o having to manually go in and change each one?

Thanks in advance.