Fórum

How do you remove the "Configuration" icon from a portlet.

Brian Shepherd, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

How do you remove the "Configuration" icon from a portlet.

New Member Postagens: 14 Data de Entrada: 04/06/09 Postagens Recentes
I am using Liferay 4.4.2.

I am tasked with creating a Read Only role within Liferay. This role would allow access to the portlets, but would not allow the user to modify the data within the portlet. So I created two roles; A read_only role that listed the portlets with View permissions only and a edit role that allowed Preferences and View. Everything works as expected. The users assigned the read_only role can edit the data. However, we found that the portlets have the ‘Configuration’ icon. By selecting this icon the user can grant themselves edit privileges. See below. How can one stop the Configuration icon from appearing on the portlet. These are the steps I followed.
I have created a Role called 'read_only'. When I select the Roles Tab on the Enterprise Admin portlet, then I select Actions->Permissions, I am shown under the Users Tab –>Current Tab that there is only one user listed (shepherd) and that that shepherd has Permissions ‘Assign Members, Define Permissions, Delete, Permissions, Update, and View’. Under Organizations, User Groups, and Regular Roles Tabs, there is nothing listed.

When I then select Actions->Edit Permissions, I am given a list of portals that only have the Action ‘View’.
When I then select Actions->View Members I am shown that the user ‘userreadonly’ is assigned.
I have created a user called userreadonly. When I select Actions->Permissions, , I am shown under the Users Tab –>Current Tab that there is only one user listed (shepherd) and that that shepherd has Permissions ‘Assign Members, Define Permissions, Delete, Permissions, Update, and View’. Nothing is listed under User Groups or Organizations. Under Regular Roles, the ‘read_only role is listed with Permissions of View.

When I log out, and then log back in as the user ‘user readonly’, the portlets that were listed in “Edit Permissions” above, does not show the “Preferences” icon, however, the portlet does show the Configurations Icon. When I select that icon, I can modify the portlet to be placed in edit mode. Select the Regular Roles tab, ‘Available’ tab, Select the read_only role, Update Permissions button, and add Preferences as permissions. Now when I go back to the portlet, I have the Preferences icon which allows me to edit data within the portlet.
thumbnail
Parul Seth, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

RE: How do you remove the "Configuration" icon from a portlet.

Junior Member Postagens: 83 Data de Entrada: 18/12/08 Postagens Recentes
Hi Brian

You can remove the configuration icon from your portlets by removing the following line of code from your-theme\docroot\_diffs\templates\portlet.vm

$theme.iconOptions()

HTH

Thanks & Regards
Parul Seth
Impetus Infotech (India) Pvt. Ltd.

Thanks Parul.

I have move to Liferay 5.2.3. I performed the same steps as above. However, when signed in as a read_only user, I get the Options Icon (with Look and feel, Configuration, and Preferences). I do not know why the Preferences icon is there. In LR 4.4.2, Preferences icon was not there as defined in Define Permissions on the Portal. Does LR 5.2.3 not follow the same logic? Is there another way I should be doing this?

I created an Organization called PBSN, I used managed pages to assign portlets to pages. Added the readonly user and the edit user to this organization. When I login to the readonly user, if I go to My Pages->PBSN->Public, the portlets work as expected i.e. there is no Preferences icon on the portal. However, when I go to My Pages->My Community->Public, the portlets have the Preference Icons. When I log in as the edit user, I get a Preference Icon for My Pages->PBSN->Public and for My Pages->My Community->Public.

Can I limit a user not to have the My Pages->My Community->Public or My Pages->My Community->Private pages?