Fórum

Custom Roles and Control Panel : Content of the Control Panel for Users

thumbnail
Hesediel Jackson, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Custom Roles and Control Panel : Content of the Control Panel for Users

Junior Member Postagens: 37 Data de Entrada: 10/03/09 Postagens Recentes
HI everyone,

I'm currently using Liferay 5.2. I've a few questions about the control Panel.

In Liferay, I've created two roles which have the purpose to :
  • administrate the content ( the library or the web content...).
  • adminsitrate the users ( add users, link user to communities...).

With Liferay 5.2, we have seen the new Control Panel for the "super-user". It's really useful. So, I was thinking that users having the right to administrate the content or the users, must use it.

Now it's my problem :-). The thing is, for those users, that they don't see anything about administration(users or content) in the control panel. They only see things relative to their account and their pages.

Is there a simple way (like configuring role) to let users having adminstrative rights of content/users see things relative to administration in the Control Panel ?

Thanks in advance,
Hesediel.
thumbnail

RE: Content of the Control Panel for Users

For example, I've created a Role named AdminContent.

For this rôle I've "activated" hte permissions on Library so that the user can configurate view and interact with the Library.
When I had the portlet Library somewhere on a page (of the community Guest), it works. This user can "administrate" the Library. When I go to the control panel of this user, he has no category named Library in order to allow me to "administrate" the Library.

Hesediel
Anônimo, modificado 14 Anos atrás.

Mensagem: 1
Hello,
I needed the same functionality, and found this entry in the Wiki :

http://www.liferay.com/web/guest/community/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Control%20Panel/pop_up

HTH
thumbnail

Hi Mr. Anonymous :-),

I've seen this wiki article earlier :-). I wanted to know if there was a way in Liferay 5.2.3 in order to do that without doing anything specifics on Liferay. It's impossible with the latest official bundle of this product.

But, we can do that with the latest version of Liferay available in Subversion. But, (there is always a but :-p) it seems it still has a problem which doesn't allow me to reach my purpose. If you want to have more details :
Content Manager/creator, User Manager on Liferay 5.2.3+

Hesediel.