Fórum

moving liferay db

thumbnail
tsechov tsechov, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

moving liferay db

New Member Postagens: 5 Data de Entrada: 14/12/07 Postagens Recentes
hi guys,
what would be the preferred method to move the whole software from one location to another? i moved the files and the db to the target system but when i start up liferay it complains about some sort of xml corruption:

com.liferay.portal.events.GlobalStartupAction.run(GlobalStartupAction.java:168): com.liferay.portal.SystemException: org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 1 of document  : The markup in the document preceding the roo
t element must be well-formed. Nested exception: The markup in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed.
2007.12.13 13:08:23.676 ERROR   main-> com.liferay.portal.util.PortalInstances._initCompany(PortalInstances.java:286): java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException
        at java.lang.String.charAt(String.java:415)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.Base64.decode(Base64.java:139)
        at com.liferay.portal.kernel.util.Base64.stringToObject(Base64.java:181)
        at com.liferay.portal.model.impl.CompanyImpl.getKeyObj(CompanyImpl.java:81)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.CompanyLocalServiceImpl.checkCompanyKey(CompanyLocalServiceImpl.java:388)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.CompanyLocalServiceImpl.checkCompany(CompanyLocalServiceImpl.java:220)
        at com.liferay.portal.service.impl.CompanyLocalServiceImpl.checkCompany(CompanyLocalServiceImpl.java:133)

any suggestions?
thanks
thumbnail
Roman Hoyenko, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

RE: moving liferay db

Liferay Master Postagens: 878 Data de Entrada: 08/10/07 Postagens Recentes
So, what exactly did you move?

I moved JBoss from Windows box to Linux and it worked without any modifications. What is your DB, how did you move it and what application/web server did you use and how did you move the server?
thumbnail
Akos Mocsanyi, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

my environment is as follows:
aix 5.3 box,
ibm java 1.5,
liferay bundle with tomcat 6,
oracle 10g,
activedirectory import, export set up (from portal-ext.properties) and working,
couple of experimental users, usergroups and pages.
i compressed the whole portal directory (including tomcat, liferay runtime, custom portlets, lucene and jackrabbit directories, so everything) and moved to the new host (same os, same jdk). exported the db with plsqldeveloper export function and imported it into the new database server which is oracle10g as well. modified LiferayPool to point to the new database in ROOT.xml and started liferay...
then i got a quite long error and nested stacktraces talking about not well formed xml (dom4j, saxreader and friends) and org.quartz.SchedulerException: Repeat Interval cannot be zero...
if i point this new liferay to a new and empty db, it starts up and creates the initial database ok.
i would think the cause of the problem is that liferay tries to retrieve some preferences from xml documents stored in db, which are actaully dont exist, at least not in the db... but its hard to tell, because there is no filename in the stacktrace messages...
my goal would be to be able to reproduce the page structure and functionality on a new environmet and i tought a mass copy should work.
i might be on the wrong path...
maybe its better to move our custom portlets, themes by their own war files and use lar export/import for page structure...
im not sure...
thanks in advance
thumbnail
Roman Hoyenko, modificado 16 Anos atrás.

Liferay Master Postagens: 878 Data de Entrada: 08/10/07 Postagens Recentes
Looks to me like db migration didn't go quite well and some of the information in the tables is missing / changed.
Liferay stores some of the data about the portlets in XML format in database, so it looks like it can't read this information (or reads badly formed XML)

You can take a look at Layout, PortletPreferences tables to see if their XML fileds were imported correctly.
thumbnail

thank you Roman!
i will have a look at that
and im going to try other db moving methods as well
thanks for your quick response!
thumbnail

just for the record:
mission can be accomplished by using oracle exp/imp utility
happy coding!